XAT 2023 will be conducted by XLRI with the aim of admission into the management field. The full form of XAT is Xavier Aptitude Test.
XLRI conducts XAT on behalf of XAMI. For more than 70 years XLRI has been conducting XAT at an all India level to select the most appropriate students for management education. More than 160 institutes accept XAT scores for admission.
XAT 2023 Highlights
|Exam Name||Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT)|
|Conducting body||XLRI Jamshedpur|
|Exam type||National Level Post-Graduate exam|
|Periodicity||Once in a year|
|Score/Percentile Validity||One Year|
|Mode of the Exam||Online|
|Duration of the Exam||3 hours 10 minutes|
|Annual No. of Test Takers||90,000 – 1 lakh|
|Exam Pattern||Objective questions + 1 Essay|
|Number of questions||100 MCQs + 1 Essay Topic|
|Syllabus||Verbal and Logical Ability, Decision Making, Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation, General Knowledge, Essay Writing.|
|Negative Marking||0.25 marks for each wrong answer & 0.10 marks after every 8 unattempted questions (*No negative marking for GK & Essay sections)|
|Programmes Offered by XLRI||Business Management (BM), Human Resource Management (HRM) and General Management Programme (GMP)|
XAT Exam Eligibility
To apply for the XAT exam, a candidate must hold a recognized Bachelor’s Degree of minimum three years duration or equivalent in any discipline. Those completing their final examination by June 10, 2023 may also apply. All Indian candidates must appear for XAT 2023. However, NRI and Foreign candidates may apply through GMAT score.
Important dates for XAT Exam 2023
|Xavier Aptitude Test 2023 Schedule||XAT 2023 Important Dates|
|Date of Release of XAT Notification 2023||August 9-10, 2022|
|XAT Registration 2023 starts||August 10, 2022|
|Last date for XAT 2023 Registration & Application submission online without late fee||November 30, 2022 (Till 12 midnight)|
|XAT 2023 Registration Last date with late fee||December 10, 2022|
|XAT Admit Card 2023 download Start Date||December 24, 2022|
|Last date to Download XAT Admit Card 2023||January 8, 2023|
|XAT Exam Date 2023||January 8, 2023 (9.30 AM to 12.40 PM)|
|XAT 2023 Result date||January 20, 2023|
XAT 2023 Registration
- Candidates are advised to carefully fill and verify the details filled in the online application themselves as no change will be possible/ entertained after clicking the FINAL SUBMIT BUTTON.
- Name of the candidate or his /her Father’s name/ Mother’s name etc. should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the Certificates/ Mark sheets/Identity proof. Any change/alteration found may disqualify the candidature.
- Candidates can proceed to Scan and upload Photo & Signature as per the specifications given in the Guidelines
- Candidates can proceed to fill Academic and Work experience details of the Application Form.
- Click on the Preview Tab to preview and verify the entire application form before FINAL SUBMIT.
- Modify details, if required, and click on “SUBMIT” ONLY after verifying and ensuring that the photograph, signature uploaded and other details filled by you are correct. ‘Applicant details can not be edited once the application form is submitted after payment.’
- Select XLRI programme as per your preference if you want to study in XLRI. (Through XAT or Through GMAT)
- Select the XAT Test City preference. Candidates can choose 2 preferred test cities while filling XAT Application form. Candidates are advised to choose a test city that is closer to their city of residence. However, the final authority to allot the TEST CITY rests with authority. (You can edit the test city preference only once before November 30, 2022.)
- Click on the “Payment” Tab and Proceed for payment.
- Click on the “Submit” button.
Registration Fee for XAT Exam 2023
- XAT Registration Fee (without late fee) – Rs. 1800/-
- Candidates interested in XLRI programmes need to pay an additional fee of Rs. 300/- each.
- Indian candidates can apply through GMAT/GRE for Ex-PGDM whereas an NRI/Foreign nationals can apply through GMAT for all the programmes. Kindly note GRE scores are only valid for EX-PGDM.
- Fee for Indian Candidates applying for Ex-PGDM through GMAT/GRE– Rs. 2500/-
- Fee for NRI/Foreign Candidates applying for one or more programmes through GMAT– Rs. 5000/-
XAT 2023 Exam Pattern
|Number of Sections||5|
|Sections||*Part 1: Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation, Verbal & Logical Ability, Decision Making; Part 2: General Knowledge, Essay Writing|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Duration of the Test||190 minutes|
|No. of Questions(101)||Verbal & Logical Ability: 26 QuestionsDecision Making: 21 QuestionsQuantitative Aptitude & Data Interpretation: 28 QuestionsGeneral Knowledge: 25 QuestionsEssay: 1 Question|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark is awarded for each correct answer.0.10 marks are deducted after every 8 unattempted questions.Negative marking for every incorrect response is 0.25 marks.There is no negative marking in Part 2.|
XAT 2023 Syllabus
XAT Exam Syllabus 2023 is divided into 4 sections –
- Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension;
- Decision Making,
- Quantitative Aptitude and
- General Awareness.
- Except the General Awareness, all the other three are core sections which determine the percentile score as well as XLRI shortlisting criteria. The score of the General Awareness section is taken into account at the time of the personal Interview round.
Exam Centres for XAT Exam
XAT 2023 would be conducted across India in the following cities:
- Aurangabad City (Maharashtra),
- Bhilai Nagar,
- Bokaro Steel City,
- Two year full time postgraduate programme: 1. PGDM Business Management (BM) BM- Jamshedpur BM Delhi – NCR, 2. PGDM Human Resource Management (HRM).
- 15-month, full-time programme for experienced executives leading to a Postgraduate Diploma in General Management Programme.
- Four year Fellow Programme in Management.