About the Program
World Space Week is an international celebration of Space Science and Technology and their contribution to the betterment of human conditions. Every year, 4th to 10th October is being celebrated by more than 70 nations as World Space Week in commemoration of the launch of the first man-made Earth Satellite, Sputnik-I on 4th October 1957 and the signing of the treaty on principles governing the activities of states in the exploration and peaceful uses of outer space including the moon and other celestial bodies by a resolution in UNO on 10th October 1967.
The United Nations General Assembly made this resolution on 6th December 1999 declaring that World Space Week will be held each year from October 4-10. Every year, the World Space Week Association (WSWA) selects a theme which has wide public appeal. SDSC SHAR, Sriharikota the “Spaceport of India” and one of the lead centres under ISRO has been traditionally celebrating the World Space Week with a gamut of public outreach programmes at Sriharikota since 2000. The outreach programme has taken new wings in 2015 by reaching many places covering four states.
Theme: “Satellites Improve Life”
- Provide unique leverage in space outreach and education
- Educate people around the world about the benefits that they receive from space
- Encourage greater use of space for sustainable economic development
- Demonstrate public support for space programs
- Foster international cooperation in space outreach and education
- Quiz Competition: The theme of the quiz program is “Space”. The quiz will be conducted entirely in online mode.
- Online Lectures: The programme intends to reach out to the students through web-based lectures and content related to “Space”
- Painting Competition: School students can upload their paintings after registration. Paintings should be relevant to the theme/topic provided on the day of competition.
- Essay Writing Competition: Essays are invited from school students on the theme provided on the day of competition. The essays can be uploaded as pdf/jpg.
- Elocution Competition: School students are invited to deliver a speech for 3 minutes online based on the topic provided on the day of competition.
- Design Competition: College students can make a short video on the description of their design/model. The theme is “Science and Technology relating to space”.
For further details about the event, click here.
How to Register?
Interested participants can register for the competition through the below-mentioned links:
- For Quiz Competition, click here.
- For Painting Competition, click here.
- For Essay Writing Competition, click here.
- For Elocution Competition, click here.
- For Design Competition, click here.
|Programme||Contact person||Mail Id||Phone No.|
|Online Lectures||J Logesh
T S Mani
|email@example.com||9491236403 / 08623226137 / 9440839041|
|Painting Competition||Saravana perumal
|firstname.lastname@example.org||08623222742 / 9441849185|
|Essay Writing||P Abdul Rahman
B V S N Adithya
|email@example.com||08623225670 / 08623227562 / 9963685312|
|Elocution||Ram Kumar R
|firstname.lastname@example.org||08623226902 / 8106078480|
|Design Competition||M Devendra Kumar
R Madan Kumar
|email@example.com||08623222746 / 08623222021 / 9493912037|
|Quiz Programme||G Venkatesh
|firstname.lastname@example.org||08623227562 / 9550147159 / 8124484525|
|For Technical queries||Uday Kumaremail@example.com||08623222750|
For further details, click the link below.
World Space Week 2020 by Satish Dhawan Space Centre Shar