The Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR), Bangalore is organizing an Online Winter School on Frontiers in Materials Science from December 7 to 11, 2020.
The International Winter School-2020, “Frontiers in Materials Science”, is aimed at introducing frontier areas of research in materials science to graduate students, young researchers, and scientists with a background in physics, chemistry, and engineering.
The Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research is one of the premier institutes in India. It is known for its excellent, innovative, and collaborative interdisciplinary approach toward conducting scientific research.
The topics to be covered in this Winter School include:
- Chemistry and physics of transition-metal oxides and their functional properties, high pressure, chemical and topo-chemical synthesis of materials, spin ordering in crystals, and magnetism.
- Functional inorganic materials and ceramic composites, microstructures, nanostructure architectures, and energy conversion, corrosion.
- Electrochemistry of materials for energy storage in batteries, ion transport, heterogeneous and photocatalysis, structural flexibility, and structural disorder, mesoporous and nano-porous solids, metal-organic frameworks.
- Superconductivity, magnetoresistance, 2-dimensional materials, Femto-scale processes, spectroscopy, and various techniques of material characterization.
- Carbon-based nanomaterials, molecular electronics, organo-metallic and bio-molecular materials, supramolecular assemblies, structural and computational biology, DNA and nucleic acid-based molecular devices, soft materials.
- Theoretical and computational quantum chemistry and materials science and computer simulations.
You might also be interested in Online FDP on Event Management by NEHU, Shillong [Dec 7-11]: Registrations Open.
There is no registration fee for the winter school. To register for the winter school, click here.
One-hour lectures given by leading scientists will provide a pedagogic view of the background and emerging ideas in a given area of materials science, and also cover research at the cutting edge through examples from their works.
Active participation from students and young participants is strongly encouraged through posters and a few oral presentations, in addition to frequent interactions with the speakers this year on the virtual platform.
For full notification, click the link below.
Online Winter School on Frontiers in Materials Science by JNCASR, Bangalore