The Department of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, Malaviya National Institute of Technology Jaipur (MNIT), Jaipur in association with Cabell Publishing, Inc., USA is organizing an Online webinar on the topic “The Problem of Predatory Journal and How to Avoid Publishing in Them” on October 9, 2020 from 3 PM onwards.
MNIT Jaipur is currently ranked 35th among Indian engineering colleges by National Institute Ranking Framework (NIRF) in 2020. Department of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering is one of the oldest departments established in 1965. The department offers B. Tech., M. Tech. and Ph.D. Programmes in all frontier areas.
Both B.Tech. and M. Tech. (MME) programmes of the department are NBA accredited. The basic motto of the department is to provide quality education and conduct cutting edge research through highly qualified and experienced faculty members. The department publishes good quality research papers in peer reviewed National/ International Journals.
The main focus of webinar will be on following topics:
- Development of predatory journal model (e.g. when journals went online, emerging OA model).
- Current status of predatory publishing (data from Cabells, current research, the status of India).
- Impact on India (Indian predatory journals).
- Ten ways to identify a predatory journal.
- Potential impact of changes to Indian publishing requirements.
The webinar will be hosted by Simon Linacre, Director, International Marketing & Development, Cabells.
- There is no registration fees for the webinar.
- Open to faculty/ research scholars/ students from India.
- All MNIT faculty/ research scholars/ students are welcome to attend.
- To register for the webinar, click here.
- The last date to register is October 8, 2020.
Dr. Abhishek Tripathi
For full notification, click the link below.
Webinar on The Problem of Predatory Journal & How to Avoid Publishing in Them by MNIT, Jaipur
You might also be interested in Webinar on Showcasing Demonstrated Waste-To-Value Technologies by DBT, Govt. of India [Oct 1, 4 PM]: Registrations Open.