The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI), New Delhi is organizing a Webinar on Mobilising Green Finance for Industry Transition from October 12, 2020, from 4 pm onwards.
The Energy and Resources Institute is a research institute in New Delhi that specializes in the fields of energy, environment, and sustainable development. Established in 1974, it was formerly known as the Tata Energy Research Institute.
There is a need to strengthen the policy framework for greening heavy industries and ensuring its effective implementation in a manner that does not obstruct their growth by making them uncompetitive. There is a role that carbon markets and climate finance mechanisms can play to address this challenge, and this is already taking place in some parts of the world, notably the EU.
In the discussion, they will focus on understanding the barriers to accessing green finance from the Indian steel industry perspective, and exploring how these differ from the challenges faced by the industries in developed economies. They will then deliberate on measures to address these barriers, specifically exploring the relevant market mechanisms that can be deployed to mobilize domestic and international climate finance for driving a much-needed green industry transition.
- Prof. Karsten Neuhoff, Head – Department of Climate Policy, DIW Berlin
- Ms. Madhulika Sharma, Chief of Corporate Sustainability, Tata Steel
- Mr. Prabodha Acharya, Chief Sustainability Officer, JSW Steel
- Mr. Hari Gadde, Senior Climate Change Specialist, Carbon Markets and Innovation, the World Bank
- Ms. Namita Vikas, Founder and Managing Partner, auctusESG LLP
- Mr. Will Hall, Associate Fellow, TERI
Interested candidates can register for the webinar by clicking here.
Ms. Tamiksha Singh, Associate Fellow, Centre for Global Environment Research,
For full notification, click the link below.
Webinar on Mobilising Green Finance for Industry Transition by TERI, New Delhi