About the Organiser
National Institute of Technology, Rourkela, formerly Regional Engineering College, Rourkela is a publicly funded premier institute of higher learning for engineering, science and technology located in the steel city of Rourkela, Odisha, India.
About the Webinar
Electrochemistry deals with chemical reactions that involve electron transfers and the changes that are associated with the passage of electrons or electric current. It involves a detailed study of the chemical changes that are induced by passing current as well as generation of electrons and current by chemical reactions. The electrochemistry is, thus, an interaction between the electrical energy and the chemical changes.
The fundamentals of electrochemistry introduced a variety of concepts related to research and analysis. These concepts include a variety of methods that are utilized in electrochemistry for measurements and analysis of electrochemical processes. The knowledge of electrochemistry can increase the horizon of investigations for researchers of various areas such as chemical, mechanical, metallurgical engineering as well as material sciences.
- Introduction to Electrochemistry and different electrochemical techniques.
- Insight on various applications of electrochemistry in Engineering.
- Prof. Arindam Sarkar is the Associate Professor in Chemical Engineering at Indian Institute of Technology Bombay. His research expertise includes Fuel cells, Electrocatalysis, Electrochemistry of nanomaterials and materials. Prof. Sarkar is the recipient of Ramanujan fellowship and is currently carrying research work in nanomaterials electrocatalysis. He has got highly cited research papers under his authorship.
- Prof. Rajib Bandhyopadhyay is affiliated to the Department of Instrumentation and Electronics Engineering at Jadavpur University, Kolkata. His research interests spans over Sensor development, biomimetic devise development; like electric nose, electric tongue. etc. He has highly cited research papers and books under his authorship.
- Students: Rs. 100/-
- Faculty/ Industry Fellow: Rs. 300/-
How to Register?
Interested participants cna register for the webinar through this link.
Dr. Adhidesh S, Kumawat,
Department of Chemical Engineering,
Rourkela – 769008,
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
For more details, click the link below.
Webinar on Electrochemistry – Fundamentals and its Applications in Engineering at NIT Rourkela