Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the Vidya Poshak Yuva Fellowship 2022-24.
About the Fellowship
VidyaPoshak is seeking passionate and committed individuals who see the role of teachers as not just knowledge-building exercising but are excited by the prospect of looking at teaching as a transformative journey for self and children.
It is a full time commitment and as a teacher fellow for 2 years, your role will include:
- Setting goals and vision for your classroom
- Planning and facilitating lessons on Science/Math/English to children of Grade 6 and 7 from under-resourced schools in Karnataka
- Facilitate projects and extracurricular activities for children during/after the school hours
- Collecting data on a quarterly basis to measure student learning outcomes
- Building relationships with stakeholders such as parents, community, school teachers, and headmasters
Who can apply?
- Minimum qualification: Graduation
- Age less than 26 years
- Past volunteering or work experience in any field (teaching experience would be preferable)
- Knowledge, Skills and Mindsets:
- Passionate about teaching and working with children from rural context
- Communication and Presentation skills i.e. ability to articulate and present ideas in simple and engaging ways
- Knowledge of Kannada and English language
- Computer proficiency
- Research and Design skills to create learning materials and lesson plans with activities
- Ability to set goals and track progress on regular basis
Why work with VidyaPoshak?
At VidyaPoshak, they value:
- Opportunity to be at the forefront of the excellent education movement
- Space to bring your ideas into action in a culture that values innovation
You will get Rs.12000 as a monthly stipend and Rs.1000 travel expenses.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the fellowship through this link.
Village Schools around Dharwad-Hubli