Submissions are invited for Video Contest to Get One Step Closer to Cleaner Beaches by MyGov for the year 2022. The last date of submission is 5 June.
Namami Tate is an initiative by the Ministry of Earth Sciences to work towards Sustainable Development Goal 14 – Life below Water. Namami Tate translates to Clean Coasts in English. In accordance with Government of India’s expansive vision and the commitments made by our Prime Minister at COP26, the digital platform of the campaign highlights some of the best sustainability practices and progress on net zero commitments made by responsible corporates across the country.
Under the Namami Tate campaign, the Ministry is adopting beaches and planning to mobilise resources for cleaning the beaches along India’s coastline. Corporates can also contribute through employee volunteering wherein employees are encouraged to volunteer in-person as well as digitally for this campaign. This can also help companies and non-profit organisations working in the project of ‘waste to value’ to get national recognition for their innovation and effort.
In this way, #NamamiTate is an initiative to spread awareness and take steps towards saving one of our core resources – the oceans. Through this contest, we invite you to share videos showcasing your families, friends or other groups cleaning the beaches using innovative, eco-friendly and sustainable ways.
- The video shall not be more than 2 minutes (120 seconds), including the beginning and end credits. Films exceeding this time limit are liable to be rejected. The minimum length should be 45 seconds including credits.
- Both colour and monochrome videos in time-lapse/normal mode will be accepted.
- Please ensure the films are shot in HD format and are in the ratio 16:9 in Horizontal format.
- Films shot using vertical formats like the ones shot on mobile phones will not be accepted.
- One contestant may submit a maximum of 2 entries (An entry consists of one video clip) in total in the competition.
How to Upload?
The participants can post their video of maximum duration 2 minutes (120 seconds) with credits and a description of maximum 1000 words on any social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or YouTube and share the publicly accessible link on MyGov to submit their entry by pasting the link there.
Your entry will be judged on the following criteria:
- Relevance of your entry to the competition topic;
- Creativity expressed through the video;
- Overall impact of the cleanup (based on the description provided with the video)
- Persuasiveness of the entry.
- 1st Prize: Rs. 5000
- 2nd Prize: Rs. 3000
- 3rd Prize: Rs. 2000
The last date for submission of entry is 5th June 2022.
Click here to view the official notification of Video Contest to Get One Step Closer to Cleaner Beaches by MyGov.
You may also be interested in: