Applications are invited for UGC Quad Fellowship 2022. The last date of application is 30 June.
Applications are invited for the Quad fellowship – a first-of-its-kind scholarship program that brings together up to 25 engineers, mathematicians, scientists, and technologists from each of the four Quad countries (Australia, India, Japan, and the United States) to advance innovation and research by pursuing their graduate degrees in the United States.
About UGC Quad Fellowship
The Quad Fellowship, a new graduate-level fellowship designed to build ties among the next generation of scientists and technologists, is recruiting its first cohort this year. This program will sponsor 100 exceptional American, Japanese, Australian, and Indian master’s and doctoral students in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) to study in the United States.
- Be at least 18 years of age at the time of application
- Be citizens or legal permanent residents of Australia, India, Japan, or the United States
- Have a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in a STEM field by August 2023
- Have a demonstrated record of superior academic achievement at the undergraduate level
- If applicants are currently enrolled in a Master’s or PhD program, they may apply if they will be enrolled in a qualified academic program during their time as a Fellow (i.e., August 2023 – May 2024)
The Quad Fellowship offers a unique combination of financial benefits, cross-cultural exchange, networking, and content programming. Each Quad Fellow will receive a one-time award of $50,000 which can be used for tuition, research, fees, books, room and board, and related academic expenses (e.g., registration fees, research-related travel). All Quad Fellows are eligible to apply for separate demonstrated needs-based funding of up to $25,000 to cover costs related to completing graduate-level studies.
The Fellowship program has three core elements:
- Pre-program: Upon selection to the Quad Fellowship, Fellows Elect will have access to a variety of virtual resources and programming designed to build connections within the cohort as they navigate the graduate admissions process
- Core program: Beginning in August and extending through until the end of the academic year, Fellows will take part in a residential experience followed by virtual programming opportunities designed to deepen their understanding of topics at the intersection of STEM and society
- Alumni program: Upon graduation from the Quad Fellowship program, Senior Fellows will have access to resources that support a lifelong network across cohorts and the Quad countries.
Interested candidates can apply online via this page.
Click here to view the official notification of UGC Quad Fellowship 2022.
You may also be interested in: