About the Scholarship
The scheme has been initiated keeping in view the social background of the candidates from the deprived section of the society and to provide them opportunity to undertake postgraduate level studies in Professional subjects like Engineering & Technology, Management, Pharmacy etc. in Indian Universities/Institutions/ Colleges.
Number of Scholarships
The objective of the scheme is to provide financial assistance to 1000 SC/ST candidates to pursue postgraduate level studies in Professional subjects in the eligible institutions.
- The candidates fulfilling the eligibility conditions are required to apply online on National Scholarship Portal after issue of advertisement to be published by the UGC once in a year through leading newspaper and Employment News and also on UGC website.
- The host institution where the candidate is studying is required to verify the online application.
- The tenure of award is for two/three years depending upon tenure of the postgraduate course and not for extended period of study, if any.
- Candidates selected for the award of PG scholarships (under ME/M Tech.) shall be provided Scholarship @ Rs. 7800/- per month for the duration of the PG Scholarship. For other courses, the amount of scholarship will be paid @Rs. 4500/- per month.
- No contingency is payable to the students selected under the scheme with effect from selection year 2017-18.
- The scholarship shall be payable to the awardee from the date of joining the Post Graduate I year course during the selection year.
- The University/ Institute/ College should verify the application of the candidates with regard to the professional courses as provided in the guidelines.
Application Deadline: Nov 30, 2018
For any queries,
Phone: 0120 – 6619540
Email Id: email@example.com