Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the TWAS-Lenovo Science Award in Social and Economic Sciences 2022.
About TWAS-Lenovo Science Award
The TWAS-Lenovo Science Award is one of the most prestigious honours given to scientists from the developing world. The award is presented to the recipient at a special ceremony arranged by TWAS.
During the first four-year cycle (2013-2016), the award subject focused on the basic sciences, with the specific subject area changing each year: physics and astronomy (2013), biological sciences (2014), mathematics (2015) and chemical sciences (2016).
During the second cycle the award subjects are: Geological Sciences (2017), Engineering Sciences (2018), Agricultural Sciences (2020), Social and Economic Sciences (2022).
- Candidates must be nationals of a developing country, living and working in the Global South for at least the last 10 years.
- The award will only be conferred to an individual for scientific research in social and economic sciences of outstanding international merit carried out at institutions in developing countries.
- Self-nominations and nominations from jury members will not be accepted. Fellows of TWAS are eligible for the TWAS-Lenovo Science Award.
The TWAS-Lenovo Science Award carries a monetary award of USD100,000 provided by Lenovo, as well as a medal and a certificate highlighting the recipient’s major contributions to science.
The evaluation and selection will be carried out by an authoritative international jury chaired by the TWAS President and including a representative from Lenovo.
How to Submit?
Interested applicants can submit their nominations through this link.
A nomination is considered complete only if includes all of the following information/material:
- Nominator contact details
- Nominee contact details (self nominations are not accepted) and general infomation on the nominee, including the country where he/she has been working and living in the past 10 years
- Brief suggested citation (no more than 20 words) highlighting the nominee’s outstanding scientific achievement in Social and Economic Sciences. An example of suitable citation is provided in the ‘helptext’
- Supporting statement of about 200 words summarizing the scientific achievements of the nominee
- 5-6 page narrative write-up of the candidate highlighting his/her major scientific achievements
- Information on PhD (degree, year, awarding institution)
- Information of any time spent abroad in the past ten years
- The nominee’s brief CV and her/his complete list of publications are also to be uploaded, separately, onto the online platform.
- A list of no more than 20 of his/her most significant publications.
- Information on previous awards, honours, recognition received by the nominee
- Google Scholar h-index and number of citations
- Authorization from the nominee to process his/her personal data for the purposes of his/her nomination, in conformity to Art. 13 of the Italian Legislative Decree 196/2003. This authorization can only be submitted through the online platform.
May 18, 2022
- Phone: +39 040 2240 387
- Email: email@example.com