Applications are invited for the post of Teaching Fellow at the Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Delhi.
Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology, Delhi (aka. IIIT-Delhi or IIIT-D) was created as a State University by an act of the Delhi Government (The IIIT Delhi Act, 2007) empowering it to do research and development, and grant degrees. In a relatively short time, it has earned an excellent reputation in India and abroad for being a center of quality education and research in IT and interdisciplinary areas.
Works as a Co-Instructor for undergraduate courses (normally 2 per semester), involving taking tutorials and labs, helping students, managing TAs, preparing/ conducting/ grading exams and tests, etc, and course administration. The Fellow may also be the primary instructor in short duration or summer modules.
- To teach in tutorials, managing the tutorials and other Tutors/ Teaching Assistants.
- To manage course-related labs, Inventory required during the semester, and performing the experiments.
- To conduct extra classes on the topics where students are facing difficulties.
- To conduct regular lectures, when the Instructor is on leave.
- Maintaining Office Hours to clarify course-related doubts, out of class hours, tutorials, etc.
- To assist Professor in making learning materials, assignments, answer keys, and rubric for grading.
- To assist Professor in preparing exam question papers / Lab exam practice questions and conducting Quizzes, Mid Sem Exam, Final Exams, and other exams.
- To assist Professor in final semester grading, paper checking.
- To mentor and guide students in class-course projects. Assigning the rubric and grading the progress throughout the semester.
- To conduct Refresher Modules for M.Tech/ B.Tech students in Summers.
- To provide extra support to weak students.
An applicant must have an M.Tech degree from a reputed Institute/ University in CSE with a good academic record throughout. Preference will be given to the candidates with TA experience. It is best suited for those who are looking for teaching careers. Desirable: Ph.D. in relevant discipline.
The term of appointment will be for one year, which can be renewed after the first year based on performance. No extension will be given after two years.
The compensation in the first year will be Rs 45,000/- per month with free hostel accommodation or Rs. 50,000 per month without hostel accommodation. In the second year, Rs. 50,000/- per month with free hostel accommodation or Rs. 55,000/- per month without hostel accommodation.
The Institute gives top priority to the ongoing academic activities and does not promote leaving the offered position during an ongoing semester. To ensure this, a monthly deposit of Rs. 22,500/- from the salary of the first two months will be kept with the institute. This deposit will be paid on completion of the offered tenure.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is December 7, 2020.
For full notification, click the link below.
IIIT Delhi Teaching Fellow Recruitment Notification