Registrations are invited for Tata Steel MaterialNEXT 2022. The last date of registration is 23 January 2022.
MaterialNEXT, an Open Innovation event hosted by TSAMRC is an effort to increase the richness factor of the innovative ideas in advanced materials domain. Explore Design Innovate with Tata Steel MaterialNEXT.
MaterialNEXT is a flagship event by Tata Steel across Pan-India and is based on key themes/challenges already pre-identified by Tata Steel.
About MaterialNEXT 2022
MaterialNEXT 3.0 has 2 parallel tracks for participation:
- Research Track
- Start-up Track
MaterialNEXT 3.0 also has 4 Challenge/Theme Areas open to both tracks.
This year, the themes are around innovation in sustainability and materials domain. There are two areas each in these two-broad domains. Further, multiple sub-areas have been identified in each area from current and future industry relevance.
Ideas and proposals are invited in these sub-areas through research or start-up track after registration. Please refer the eligibility and rules below, before registering in applicable track.
The event would consist of 3 Major Phases: Selection, Performance and Finale. After registration by teams, the Selection Phase is a 2-stage process of an online screening followed by discussion-cum-evaluation stage, conducted by subject matter experts. The selected entries will progress to Performance Phase. Performance Phase ends with an evaluation (Pre-Finale) round.
The Selected entries from this phase qualify for the Finale Phase and will be called for the Gala Grand Finale to decide winner and runner-up. Please refer the depiction below on event details and timelines.
- Research Track: Registered PhD, Research Scholar, Post Doc, PG & UG* from academic institute and research centre. At least one team member must be a PG or PhD.
- Start-up Track: Incubated Start-ups in Seed and/or series a funding level.
Event Details & Important dates
Interested candidates can register via this page.
- Participants must first register their team on event portal (https://materialnext.tatasteel.com/) to create login credentials. Teams of 2-4 people should be formed to participate in the event.
- All correspondences between the organiser and the team will happen through the registered email-ids of the team. All submissions in this event portal must be done through the unique login credentials generated and shared with teams during registration.
- Participants must login (https://materialnext.tatasteel.com/) and submit the idea as per prescribed format in any one Challenge/Theme area under any-one track (Research/ Start-up).
- In the event of selection of submitted idea, participants would be notified for subsequent stage guidelines for submission, evaluation rounds etc. along with deadlines.
- In the event of idea being dropped at any stage of the event, Participants would be notified and their login credentials would be blocked.
Winner and 1st runner-up teams from both the track gets awarded with cash prizes and mentorship, grants for next level of developments, if applicable.
Email id: materialnext[at]tatasteel.com
Phone nos: 7033094837, 7763807455
You may also be interested in: