Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the Stanford Byers Center for Biodesign Innovation Fellowship 2023-24.
About the Biodesign Innovation Fellowship
The Biodesign Innovation Fellowship is a 10-month experience that equips aspiring innovators with a proven, repeatable process to identify important health-related needs, invent novel health technologies to address them (including medical devices, diagnostics, digital health, drug delivery, and biotechnology solutions), and prepare to implement those products into patient care through start-up, corporations, or other channels.
In addition, the Innovation Fellows become part of the Stanford Biodesign community, which is a life-long, worldwide network of innovators passionate about improving healthcare.
The Stanford Biodesign Innovation Fellowship is a launch pad for initiating, redirecting, or accelerating a career in health technology innovation. Stanford Biodesign graduates apply their talents to:
- Catalyzing innovation inside major medical device, diagnostic, digital health, and biotechnology companies
- Building their own health technology start-ups
- Teaching and/or leading translational research programs for world-class universities
- Driving innovation initiatives within academic or private medical centers
- Becoming specialists in design, investing, or other aspects of the health technology innovation ecosystem
They also become part of the Stanford Biodesign community, which is a life-long, worldwide network of innovators passionate about improving healthcare.
Fellowship alumni pursue a wide variety of careers that include launching health technology start-ups, driving innovation inside major health technology companies, participating in healthcare investing, and teaching innovation inside universities.
You can read more about the career paths, leadership trajectories, and productivity of our fellows in this journal article. To date, many interesting technologies have been invented by our fellows and more than 50 health-related companies have been launched out of the program.
- They encourage all US and non-US citizens interested in the program to apply. They are interested in applicants from diverse backgrounds, including the engineering, science, computer science, product design, business, law, medical or nursing fields.
- Advanced degrees are encouraged, but not required. Many candidates also have relevant work experience in the health technology industry or in related research positions.
- They look for individuals with strong leadership, problem solving, creativity, teamwork, and communication skills. And, they are seeking candidates who have the ambition to become leaders in health technology innovation.
Compensation for the 2023-24 Stanford Biodesign Innovation Fellowship will be approximately $5,464 per month, plus a one-time $1,000 computer stipend. This amount is enough to cover basic room and board during the fellowship period.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the fellowship through this link.
August 12, 2022