Applications are invited from suitable candidates for the post of Senior Research Fellow (SRF) OR Research Associate (RA) for the RGCB, Thiruvananthapuram.
Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology (RGCB) is a research institute in India, exclusive devoted to research in Molecular Biology and Biotechnology. It is located in Thiruvananthapuram, the capital city of the state of Kerala in India.
CSIR-sponsored research project entitled, “Identification of Xenoestrogen induced Spontaneous Mutations and changes in Promoter Methylation Status in the Cancer Causing Genes BRCA1, BRCA2 and p53 in Breast, Ovarian, Prostate and Pancreatic Cancers” in the laboratory of Dr. Priya Srinivas at Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology, Thiruvananthapuram.
Senior Research Fellow
- MSc/BE/B.Tech or equivalent degree in Life Science subjects, with 60% mark with at least two years of research experience in animal cell culture according to the last date of application.
- Candidates should have qualified National Eligibility Test (CSIR-UGC NET/ GATE/ DBT-JRF/ ICMR-JRF etc. Examination).
- PhD (in any branch of life sciences) or MPharm/MVSc with three years R&D expertise according to the last date of application, evidenced from fellowship or associateship or by date of enrollment of PhD.
- Experience in animal cell culture techniques is essential.
- Those who had submitted their PhD thesis are also qualified to apply for Research Associateship, though they will be eligible for salary at the SRF level till the award of their degree.
- Experience in animal cell culture techniques, Proteomics and genomics will be desirable.
The Upper age limit for applying for the position of SRF shall be 32 years and for the position of RA shall be 35 years as on August 05, 2022. Age relaxation will be given as per Govt. of India norms.
- Senior Research Fellow: ₹ 35,000/- per month
- Research Associate: ₹ 47,000/- per month
- House Rent Allowance @ 16% of the fellowship amount will be paid to those who do not avail RGCB hostel facilities.
One year or till termination of the project (whichever is earlier).
How to Apply?
- Suitably qualified candidates may send applications in the prescribed format with a photograph, a copy of full resume indicating the percentage of marks obtained and scanned copies of original certificates/credentials and experience to reach the undersigned only through Email on or before August 05, 2022.
- Candidates who are currently working in Government firms should send applications through proper channel. Application form along with all supporting documents should be submitted as a single PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Advertisement number along with the position for which the candidate is applying should be mentioned in the ‘SUBJECT’ part of the Email. If a candidate wishes to apply for different positions, separate application forms should be submitted for each position.
- Selection to the position will not entitle the candidate to any future positions at RGCB (permanent or otherwise). As with all project positions at RGCB, the position will be co terminus with end of the project.
- Applications which are not in the prescribed format will summarily be rejected.
Only those fulfilling the above criteria need apply. Applicants will be short listed for the selection interview based on eligibility criteria. Selection of suitable candidates will be made based on qualifications and performance in the selection interview.
August 5, 2022