Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the SOF Girl Child Scholarship Scheme (SOF GCSS) 2022-23.
About SOF Girl Child Scholarship Scheme (SOF GCSS)
SOF GCSS aims to provide financial assistance to girls from the economically weaker section, to enable them continue their school education. Upto 300 needy girls will be provided with an education scholarship amounting to Rs. 5000/- each for their education for a full year.
- The GCSS is an annual scholarship covering one academic year of a girl child.
- Under GCSS, 300 deserving girl children will be selected from across India.
- The selection of the GCSS students will be done from recommendations sent by schools.
- Each selected girl will be awarded a scholarship of Rs. 5,000 to support her school education.
- The GCSS amount will be released by March 31, 2023.
- The scholarship amount will be deposited in the selected student’s Bank account as per details.
The school may send a proposal for a girl child for consideration for GCSS.
- Each school may recommend only one girl child.
- The recommendation should be in the specified format and complete in all respect/with required attachments.
- The girl being nominated must be studying in the recommendation school in India in classes 1 to 10.
- She should have scored at least aggregate 60% marks or equivalent grade in the previous class.
- The school should send a copy of her previous year’s report card duly certified by the Principal to SOF along with the GCSS application form.
- The marks criteria may be waived off for a child with a major physical disability.
- The child’s parents’ combined monthly income should be less than Rs. 15,000.
- All proposals received will be evaluated by a committee set up by SOF.
- Qualifiers of GCSS will be notified individually and through their respective schools.
- Decisions of the SOF committee will be final and binding.
- In case of any dispute, jurisdiction will vest with Delhi courts only.
- A recommendation under GCSS should be submitted by 31st Dec, 2022 at the office of the Science Olympiad Foundation.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the scholarship through this link.
Dec 31, 2022
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 0124-4951200