About the Scholarship
SOF has announced the “GIRL CHILD SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME” 2020-21. Under SOF GCSS, SOF awards education scholarships worth Rs. 5000 each to 300 girl children in India who are academically inclined and come from financially weaker section of the society.
Features of the Scheme
- The GCSS is an annual scholarship covering one academic year of a girl child
- Under GCSS, 300 deserving girl children will be selected from across India.
- The selection of the GCSS students will be done from recommendations sent by schools.
- Each selected girl will be awarded a scholarship of `5000 to support her school education.
- The GCSS amount will be released by 28th Feb., 2021.
- Cheque for the amount, in favour of the selected student, will be dispatched at her school address.
Criteria for Selection
- School may send a proposal recommending a girl child for consideration for GCSS
- Each school may recommend only one girl child.
- The recommendation should be signed by the school Principal / Headmaster / Headmistress only.
- The recommendation should be in the specified format and complete in all respects / with required attachments.
- The girl being nominated must be studying in the recommending school in India in class One to class Ten.
- She should have scored at least aggregate 60% marks or equivalent grade in the previous class.
- The school should send a copy of her previous year’s report card duly certified by the Principal to SOF along with the GCSS application form.
- The marks criteria may be waived of for a child with a major physical disability.
- Child’s parents’ combined monthly income should be less than Rs. 15000. All proposals received will be evaluated by a Committee set up by SOF.
- Qualifiers of GCSS will be notified individually and through respective schools.
- The decision of the SOF Committee will be final and binding.
- In case of any dispute, jurisdiction will vest with Delhi courts only.
- The Recommendation under GCSS should be submitted by 31st Dec. 2020, at the National Office of Science Olympiad Foundation
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the scholarship by filling the application form and submitting the same at the below-mentioned address:
SCIENCE OLYMPIAD FOUNDATION
National Office: Plot No. 99, First Floor, Sector 44
Institutional Area, Gurugram – 122003 (HR), India
Dec 31, 2020
For more details, click the link below.
SOF Girl Child Scholarship Scheme 2020-21