Applications are invited for Senior Project Engineers (Electrical Engineering) at IIT Kanpur for the year 2022. The last date of application is 28 January.
Applications are invited for two posts of Senior Project Engineers. These positions will be up to December 31, 2024, and purely temporary.
About the project
Department of Technology (DOT) has funded Maintaining the Indigenous 5G Test Bed project to enhance the 5G testbed which has been designed at IIT Kanpur. This project envisages to not only maintain the testbed but also make it ready for the future 5G+/6G standard. All activities in this project are focused towards creating IPRs which lead to designing algorithms that will make up the product design and implementation IPRs that can give a head start in developing 5G+/6G telecom products.
Min Qualification: B.Tech + M.Tech + PhD (Electronics/Communication Engineering) Or M. Tech (Electronics/Communication Engineering) with 3 years of experience in the relevant area. Candidates with lower qualification might also be considered if they have a highly relevant experience.
- Excellent background in wireless communication
- Deep understanding of communication theory, modulation schemes, receiver design, MIMO techniques
- Extensive expertise in MATLAB and C programming in designing and simulating communication systems
Desirable Qualification for algorithm development:
- Knowledge of 4G/5G standards
- Extensive experience in developing PHY layer algorithms preferably in MATLAB/C
- Understanding of various wireless technologies such as massive MIMO, mmWave, non-orthogonal multiple access (NOMA), unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs)
Desirable Qualification for embedded code development:
- Analog and digital board testing and integration
- Porting of 5G+/6G physical layer algorithms on FPGA
- Real-time testing of algorithms on the 5G testbed
- Embedded design of hardware interfaces
- Design physical layer algorithms for 5G PHY layer
- Analyse system-level performance of 5G standard by executing system-level simulations
- Use existing system level simulators and enhance them with the novel technologies.
Please send your resume on or before Jan 28th, 2022, to Mailid: rohitbr[at]iitk.ac.in. Please [mention the post in the subject line of the email].
Salary range: 32400-2700-81000.
Click here to view the official notification of Senior Project Engineers (Electrical Engineering) at IIT Kanpur.
You may also be interested in: