About the Fellowship
The Sanskriti Pratishthan invites applications for its annual Smt Madhobi Chatterji Memorial Fellowship in Indian Classical Music and Dance from young artists who wish to contribute towards enriching the art form. The scheme will be managed by the Sanskriti Pratishthan, which has been giving similar awards and fellowships for arts, performing arts, culture, media and social activism over the past 30 years.
- The Fellowship is open to Indian Nationals from any genre of Indian Classical Music (Vocal or Instrumental) or Dance (any form or choreography). Proposals that further the objectives of the program are welcome.
- The candidate should have at least some years of formal training in Indian classical Music or Dance.
- The fellow would be required to have given at least 2-3 solo performances to his/her credit.
- The candidate will be facilitated to take guidance from a source unavailable to him/her to enhance his existing style. It can be a residency programme for a period of minimum three months, which can be spread over the period of ten months.
Duration of Fellowship
The duration of the Fellowship will be ten months.
Amount of Fellowship
The grant of Rs. 1,00,000 will be given in two installments. The first installment of Rs 50,000/- will be given at the commencement of the fellowship programme and a short mid-term progress report will be required. The second installment will be given after the submission of complete project report when the fellow may be requested to give a recital.
How to Apply
- Candidates should send a two – page CV, a CD of their recitals and a write up of approximately 500 words explaining their project.
- The project proposal should explain how the fellowship will provide an opportunity to express their creativity and technical competence and expand the repertoire of their style.
- Full postal and telephonic contact details together with any E-mail id should be submitted to facilitate contact. Few samples of previous work, project or performances should be submitted. The names and contact addresses/telephones of two referees should also be sent.
- All candidates should mail their CV and a short synopsis of their project proposal to Sanskriti Head Office.
- The application should bear the title ‘Sanskriti-Madhobi Chatterji Memorial Fellowship’ on the envelope when sent by post and in subject line if sent through email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are accepted round the year for the next year’s fellowship.
E-mail: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org