About the Scholarship
To nurture future innovators and thought leaders, the Science & Engineering Board (SERB), Department of Science and Technology (DST), Govt. of India, the Indo-U.S. Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) and WINStep Forward have partnered to develop a dynamic and transformative student exchange program between premier institutions in India and the United States.
The program is named in honor of Satyendra Nath Bose (1894 – 1974), a visionary Indian physicist best known for his work on quantum mechanics in the early 1920s. The class of particles that obey Bose-Einstein statistics, Bosons, was named after him.
The Program is envisaged to:
- Provide an opportunity to Indian students to experience world-class research facilities in leading U.S. institutions;
- Encourage and motivate students to take up research as a career;
- Pave the way for the next generation of pioneers and innovators in science and technology to interact with each other, and;
- Build long-term R&D linkages and collaborations cutting across boundaries around the globe.
- Indian citizens currently pursuing a Bachelors or Masters’ degree at a recognized institution of higher education and learning in India.
- Open to students of Atmospheric and Earth Sciences; Chemical Sciences; Engineering Sciences; Mathematical and Computational Sciences; and, Physical Sciences
- Health Insurance
Applications should be submitted using our Online Application Portal for Visitation Programs. Hard copies and electronic copies of the application forms will not be accepted.
For further details, click here.
Scholarship Program Dates: May-July, 2019
Submission Deadline: 31st Oct, 2018
Dr. Chaitali Bhattacharya (Principal Science Officer) & Mr.Sravan Paleti (Assistant Program Officer)
Email Id: email@example.com
Ph: 011- 42691712
To view Brochure, click here.