Applications are invited for two posts of Research Assistant (RA) on a temporary basis for the ULTRAFAST AND NONLINEAR OPTICS (UNO) lab in the Light and Matter Physics (LAMP) Group of the Institute for a period of one year/ extendable to second year depending upon the candidate’s performance.
The candidate will be associated with the UNO lab of the Institute. They seek motivated individuals with an excellent academic background with an aptitude to master the functioning and use of scientific equipment and eagerness to learn new experimental techniques.
Raman Research Institute is an institute of scientific research located in Bangalore, India. It was founded by Nobel laureate C. V. Raman. Although it began as an institute privately owned by Sir C. V. Raman, it is now funded by the government of India.
Research Assistant (02)
- Laser-produced plasmas: Plasmas can be generated from various targets by irradiating them with powerful laser beams. The plasma thus formed can be investigated in detail using optical and electrical techniques. These studies lead to a plethora of applications including trace element analysis. The RA will be required to carry out planned experiments and analyze the results for publication.
- Nonlinear optical studies: Nonlinear Optics has multiple applications including optical frequency conversion, generation of short and ultrashort laser pulses, and protection of sensitive light detectors from laser-induced damage. The RA will be required to carry out planned experiments in novel materials and analyze the results for publication.
- Post graduate degree in Physics/ Photonics or graduate degree in Electronics/ Electrical/ Photonics/ Optical Engineering with a minimum of 70 % marks or 7.0 CGPA.
- At least six months’ experience in doing experimental projects using lasers as light sources.
- It will be desirable if the candidate has good computing and programming skills, and is familiar with laser based spectroscopy experiments in nonlinear optics and/ or laser-produced plasmas.
- Upper Age Limit: The upper limit is 28 years as on the last date for closing of applications.
A consolidated remuneration of Rs. 23,500/- per month at commencement + HRA (24% of consolidated remuneration) will be paid to the selected candidates. An increment of Rs. 1000/- will be provided in the second year.
How to Apply?
To download the application form, click here.
Applications are to be sent in a sealed cover with “RA application to the UNO Lab” written clearly on the envelope to The Coordinator, Light and Matter Physics Group, Raman Research Institute, C.V Raman Avenue, Sadashivanagar, Bangalore – 560080, OR by email to email@example.com with Advertisement No. and “RA to UNO lab” written in the subject line. The last date to apply is December 22, 2020.
For full notification, click the link below.
Raman Research Institute, Bangalore Research Jobs Recruitment Notification
You might also be interested in Research Associate (Under DST Funded Project) at TERI, New Delhi: Apply by Dec 11.