IIT Jodhpur is inviting applications from eligible candidates for the post of Research Scientist.
About IIT Jodhpur
Indian Institute of Technology Jodhpur is a public technical university located in Jodhpur in the state of Rajasthan in India.
About the Position
The position is purely temporary, initially for a period of 06 Months, and extendable but co-terminus with the duration of the project, on a contractual basis with consolidated pay.
Telepresence and Teleaction System for Robot Assisted Dentistry
Duration for Initial Appointment
In the recent times, telepresence and teleaction (TPTA) systems have gained a lot of attention in the research community because of their many applications in various fields. TPTA systems allow a user to be present and active in a remote environment. Telemedicine (i.e., telediagnostics as well as tele-surgery) is one of its main applications.
This project focusses on employing TPTA system for robot assisted dentistry. The goal of the project is to treat/diagnose a patient by a distance. The experimental setup will involve a high-end robotic arm, 6- DoF force feedback haptic interface and various kinds of sensors. The doctor will be controlling the robot and getting a sense of touch feedback through a haptic interface.
In the proposed TPTA system, all-three modalities (audiohaptic-visuo) will be transmitted to the operator (doctor) in real time for efficient interaction between the operator and teleoperator.
The selected candidate is expected to implement/design haptic data reduction algorithms along with stability control schemes for efficient implementation of the teledentistry system and perform other tasks for the successful completion of the project.
- B.E./ B. Tech with specialization in Electrical Engineering/ Electronics Engineering/ Electronics & Communication/ Mechanical Engineering/Aerospace engineering/ Computer Science or equivalent with first class or equivalent.
- GATE qualification in relevant disciplines is Mandatory from Non-CFTI institute.
- Sound knowledge of fundamentals of signal processing, control theory and Communication networking protocols. Proficiency in C, C++, MATLAB/Python simulations, and prior hands-on experience with robots and Communication networking protocols is preferable.
- The candidate is expected to have good communication skill and ability to cooperate with team.
Below 35 Years
How to Apply?
- The candidates possessing the requisite qualification and experience should apply through the ONLINE process up to 5 August 2022.
- The candidates are advised to send a soft copy of the application with all relevant documents to email@example.com (Please mention the advertisement number in the subject line of the email). No need to send a hard copy.
- No TA/DA shall be paid to the candidates for attending the interview.
August 5, 2022