Applications are invited for Research Officer- Social Sciences at JTSDS Mumbai for the year 2022. The last date of application is 16 July.
Applications for the position of ‘Research Officer’ under the project ‘Disaster Risk Creation in Urban Resettlement Process’ funded by Independent Research Fund Denmark.
The Jamsetji Tata School of Disaster Studies (JTSDS) is looking for a highly motivated, versatile and competent professional for its ‘Disaster Risk Creation in Urban Resettlement Process’ project.
Qualification: Postgraduate in relevant disciplines (Disaster Management, Climate Change, Social Sciences, Public Policy, Development Studies, among others with demonstrated competency in Social Science Research Methods and Approaches (Both quantitative and qualitative). Experience of working with geo-spatial data is preferred.
Language Proficiency: English, Tamil and Hindi (Marathi Preferred)
Chennai/Mumbai (First six months largely in Chennai and with an extended tenure the candidate is expected to spend approx 70% time in Chennai and 30% time in Mumbai)
- Knowledge, understanding and aptitude for application of disaster Risk assessment, Quantitative and Qualitative Approaches and Urban Resettlement Processes.
- Demonstrated competency and experience of: field based data collection (primary and secondary); handling and processing quantitative and qualitative data using analytical software; policy research; engagement with social science theoretical perspectives on disaster risk and urban resettlement processes.
- Willingness to play a supporting role in research and administration related tasks as per project requirements
- Aptitude for reporting and documentation
- Should be able to join immediately (July 2021)
- Data collection, procurement and analysis for exploring how urban resettlement projects and policies have contributed to disaster risk
- Conceptualizing and Operationalizing the Social Science Component of the Study inclusive of conducting literature, methodological and theoretical reviews
- Drafting reports, presentations and documents
Rs. 35,000/- to 40,000/- per month fixed based on qualification and experience.
The candidates have to fill in the google form and also mail their CV along with a covering letter to Ms. Sumaira Shaikh (Research Officer, GIS) at sumaira.shaikh[at]tiss.edu.
Last date for applications: 16th July 2022.
Click here to view the official notification of Research Officer- Social Sciences at JTSDS Mumbai.
You may also be interested in: