Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the Research Internship in Science and Engineering: an Undergraduate Program (RISE-UP) at IIT Jammu.
About IIT Jammu
The Indian Institute of Technology Jammu is a public research university located in Jammu, Jammu, and Kashmir.
About the RISE-UP Internship
This program is intended to nurture and promote a research culture in undergraduate students at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Jammu. It is designed to give students an opportunity to closely work with faculty members at IIT Jammu and to gain a valuable research experience
- Preference will be given to students who have good programming/technical skills and are willing to solve real-world challenges.
- Open to pre-final year graduate/undergraduate non-IIT Jammu students.
|B.Tech/B.E.||4 Years||End of 3rd Year|
|M.Sc/M.Tech||2 Years||End of 1st Year|
- The students will receive a weekly stipend of Rs. 2500 during the course of the internship. The stipend for faculty-funded projects, however, may vary.
- Hostel accommodation will be provided to all the summer interns, and students are required to pay the applicable hostel charges.
- The internship period would be for a minimum of six weeks starting from 1st June, 2022 to end of July, 2022.
- The internship period can be extended up to eight weeks with the mutual consent of the student and his/her supervisor at IIT Jammu.
- Student should select one primary project and one secondary project based on his/her research interest. The student and his/her supervisor may change the problem statement with mutual consent.
- Students are required to upload all the educational documents, one page CV, Bonafide Certificate from Head of Department (HoD)/ Head of the Institution, Declaration letter by the parents and other related documents/certificates which will justify the potential of the student. The sample from the HoD/department and parent’s authorization letter can be found on the website.
- Uploading of duplicate and/or wrongly attached document/late and/or incomplete applications will not be processed.
- Before submitting the online application, please check that the information provided by you is accurate. You cannot make any changes to the online application once it has been submitted.
- You may contact the faculty members before submitting the online application.
- The internship is fully offline.
How to Apply?
- Interested applicants can apply for the internship through this link.
- Format of Bonafide Certificate
- Format of Declaration from the parents
- The Application portal will open on 17th March, 2022.
- The deadline for online application submission is 14th April, 2022.
- The results for the RISE-UP will be announced on or before 30th April, 2022.
If you have any questions/queries about this internship program, drop an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.