Applications are invited for Research Associate- Data Science & Computation at IIM Ahmedabad for the year 2022. The last date of application is 30 May.
The Brij Disa Centre for Data Science and Artificial Intelligence seeks applications at the Research Associate level to enhance its strengths in research and education. The successful candidate will work on topics related to Data Science and AI.
The Research Associate is expected to support cutting-edge research on topics/ themes that are aligned with the centre’s vision, for instance, operations research and optimization, statistics, machine learning, graph theory and networks, with applications in the areas of finance, operations, marketing, economics, etc. Along with research support the research associate is expected to help with certain administrative responsibilities at the centre. Some of the current ongoing projects:
- Combining causal inference and machine learning
- Quantifying the fashion trends using state of the art computer vision algorithms
- Impact Assessment of AI and Human assistance on health outcomes
- Optimal Platform Design
- Fair Recommendation Systems
Required Technical Skills:
- Collect, clean, synthesize and analyze data. Produce statistical models.
- Develop and maintain expertise in new research methodologies and techniques at the intersection of econometrics, machine learning and deep learning.
- Manage and manipulate data using requested languages, including, for example, Python, R, MATLAB, and C++.
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s or master’s degree.
- Applicants must have strong quantitative skills. A degree in a quantitative field (such as applied math, statistics, physics, operations research, or computer science) is required.
- Applicants should be motivated to expand their knowledge and expertise in working with data cleaning, describing, understanding, connecting with theory, analysing, and presenting.
Skillset: Applicants must have programming experience and expertise in applied econometrics, machine learning and deep learning. Preferred languages include Python, R, MATLAB, and C#.
The position will be initially offered for a period of twelve months and may be extended depending on performance. The position is based in Ahmedabad. IIMA provides access to the library and computer center for all Research Associates. If selected, the candidate is expected to manage their own accommodation, outside the IIMA campus which is centrally located within the city of Ahmedabad.
Candidates meeting the above criteria may send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org containing the following materials: 1) a cover letter expressing interest in the position, 2) a detailed CV, 3) one reference. If required, the centre may reach out directly to your reference(s) requesting for reference letters latest by May 30, 2022.
The subject line of the application email should read “Application for the position of RA for Data Science & Computation Project”.
Click here to view the official notification of Research Associate- Data Science & Computation at IIM Ahmedabad.
You may also be interested in: