Applications are invited for Research Associate (Chemical Engineering) Under DST Funded Project at IIT Kanpur for the year 2022. The last date of application is 30 June.
IIT Kanpur invites application for the post of Research Associate-I in the “DST project “Bioenergy & H2 Map”.
- Ph.D. in Physics/ Physical Chemistry/Chemical Engineering.
- The candidate should have a significant background in molecular simulations (DFT, MD) and thermodynamics.
- The candidate should have a significant experience in quantum & classical molecular simulations.
- The candidate should have experience in coding in python, C, C++ and experience of the Linux environment.
- Additional experience in Enhance Sampling methods (such as metadynamics, umbrella sampling, FFS), nucleation theory and simulations, force-field generation and coarse-graining would be desirable.
- Experience in using VASP, GROMACS, PLUMED, GAUSSIAN, LAMMPS etc.
Nature of Work
The candidate would be responsible for developing coarse-grain models of amphiphilic surfactants in aqueous systems and investigate the nucleation behaviour under super cooled environment using molecular simulations.
The candidate would be working with two members of the group and also will get an opportunity to collaborate on the subject with a company. The candidate will also have to guide the Ph.D. student and assist the PI in other research activities.
The appointment for the above posts initially will be for 1 year, which will be extended with mutual consent If performance of the candidate is good.
Interested candidates should send their application along with the resume to:
Dr. Jayant K. Singh
Department of Chemical Engineering
Rs. 47000 + HRA as per Institute norms.
Click here to view the official notification of Research Associate (Chemical Engineering) Under DST Funded Project at IIT Kanpur.
You may also be interested in: