IISER Pune is inviting applications from eligible Indian nationals for the post of Research Associate (RA).
About IISER Pune
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Pune (IISER Pune) is a premier autonomous Institution established by the Ministry of Education, Government of India, for promotion of high quality science education and research in the country.
No. of Positions
“Neural mechanisms underlying the production of complex vocal sequences”
DBT/Wellcome Trust India Alliance
- Ph.D. in any branch of Life Sciences or related discipline. Candidate must have at least one peer reviewed international publication or manuscript on biorxiv from her / his Ph.D.
- Candidates who have submitted their thesis may also apply.
Candidates having research experience with songbirds and analysis of acoustic signals will be preferred.
The incumbent is expected to carry out electrophysiological recordings during singing in two species of songbirds
Tenure for the Appointments
Initially for a period of one year, extendable for further period subject to satisfactory performance of the incumbent and continuation of the project.
- Rs. 47,000/- + 24% HRA per month.
- Candidates who have submitted their thesis, but not completed defense (i.e. candidates without a provisional certificate of having qualified or the degree), will be designated as Senior Research Fellow (SRF) and paid Rs. 35,000/- + 24% HRA per month till the time of submission of Provisional PhD certificate.
- RA: Not more than 35 years as on last date of application
- SRF: Not more than 32 years as on last date of application
How to Apply?
- Interested candidates should fill online application available here.
- A list of shortlisted candidates for selection process with details of date & time will be put up on the institute website below this advertisement and the shortlisted candidates will be informed by e-mail only. Therefore, please mention valid Email ID and active Mobile Number in the application form.
- Photocopies of relevant certificates and other testimonials in support of age, qualification, experience etc. and recent passport size photograph will be collected and verified at an appropriate stage.
July 27, 2022
- The appointment is purely temporary and will terminate automatically without any notice or compensation on termination of the project.
- No TA/DA will be admissible for appearing for the interview.