Applications are invited for Research Assistant in OM Department- Quantitative at IIM Udaipur for the year 2022. Online applications are open on the official website.
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative disciplines (such as Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, or Mathematics) from any of the top-tier colleges in the country.
- Mother tongue Hindi – Should be extremely comfortable with reading, speaking and writing in Hindi. Adept at translating from Hindi to English and vice-versa.
- Text based data analysis skills – specifically coding in R using text based data.
- Superior scholastic history.
- High level of coding skills in data visualization.
- An open mind to learning new concepts, creativity and hard work.
- High standards in terms of quality of work, attention to detail, ability to multi-task and absolute commitment to task completion.
This is a research position in an academic setting. You will assist with:
- Data cleanup, preparation, analysis and visualization – you will be working on primary data. The faculty will help you train on methods necessary to do your job.
- Literature search, summary, presentation and writing.
- Writing research proposal and conducting research.
- Other research related work.
The position is contractual for 12 months and will be renewed for a further period of 12 months, enabling the candidate to build up their profile for PhD applications. Candidates are expected to move on into a PhD at the end of two years.
Interested candidates can apply online. The position will remain open and will accept applications till a suitable candidate is found.
- Please upload latest CV.
- Please also upload a statement of purpose not exceeding 1 page in length on your motivation for taking up the RA position. Please cover the following points in your statement of purpose-
- Why you are motivated to take up the RA role
- What your career plans are
- How the RA role fit into your career plans
- Why you think you will be a good RA
Click here to view the official notification of Research Assistant in OM Department- Quantitative at IIM Udaipur.
You may also be interested in: