Applications are invited for Research Assistant in Marketing Area at IIM Udaipur for the year 2022. Online applications are open on the official website.
Applications are invited for the role of a Research Assistant in the Marketing area. You will be expected to help the area faculty with their research (in the domain of consumer psychology), and in the process, you will be able to build a research profile of your own.
- Motivation to pursue a Ph.D. in Marketing.
- Strong interest in and aptitude for behavioral research.
- An open mind to learn new concepts and skills.
- Strong writing skills.
- High standards of work quality – specifically, we want the RA to exhibit: (1) attention to detail, (2) ability to multitask, and (3) absolute commitment to task completion.
- A background in Psychology is strongly preferred.
- Prior understanding of experimental research will be a big plus point.
- Prior research-related experience will also be a plus.
- Familiarity with a survey design platform (e.g., Qualtrics) and/or an experimental data analysis software (e.g., SPSS) will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of automated text analysis methods (e.g., topic models, latent semantic analysis, word embeddings) will also be an advantage.
The position is contractual for 11 months and could be renewed for a further period of 11 months, enabling the candidate to build their research profile for Ph.D. applications. Candidates are expected to move on to a strong Ph.D. program at the end of two years.
Interested candidates may apply online. The position will remain open and applications will be accepted till a suitable candidate is found. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- The latest version of your CV; the CV must include all relevant details about you and your background – academic qualification/s, prior work experience, etc.
- A statement of purpose (SOP), not exceeding 1 single-spaced page, on your motivation for taking up the RA position.
Please cover the following points in your statement of purpose:
- Why are you motivated to take up the RA role?
- What are your long-term and short-term career plans?
- How does the RA role fit into your career plans?
- Why do you think you will be a good fit for this role?
Click here to view the official notification of Research Assistant in Marketing Area at IIM Udaipur.
You may also be interested in: