Applications are invited for Research Assistant (Consumer Culture Lab) at IIM Udaipur for the year 2022. The last date of application is 30 April.
About the Role
IIMU is seeking a passionate and highly motivated Qualitative Researcher to join our team as a Research Assistant.
The ideal candidate is curious, skeptical, and detail oriented. He/she is also a continuous learner, working to improve their analytical skills and increase productivity.
The selected candidate will be working closely with the team and will have the opportunity to effectively manage and implement research studies, including conceptualization of an idea, primary data collection, performing the most appropriate qualitative analysis and reporting the results.
Bachelors/Master’s degree in disciplines such as Consumer Behavior, Sociology, Anthropology or Humanities from any of the top-tier colleges in the country or from abroad is preferred. Highly motivated candidates with an undergrad/Masters from other disciplines can also apply if they are comfortable with social science theories.
An ideal candidate would be someone who is considering doing a PhD in any of the above-mentioned disciplines in the near future. The learning experience from academic mentors will be a great opportunity for such candidates.
- Good understanding of Sociology, Anthropology, Humanities, Consumer Behavior (any/many).
- Experience with qualitative primary research methods and moderation.
- Excellent English writing skills.
- Proficiency in Hindi and other Indian languages (any/many).
- Excellent written, oral, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Conversant with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel).
- Exceptional ability to communicate research results and key ideas to lay and scholarly audiences.
- The ability to be a subject matter expert to provide thought leadership in the field.
- Thrives by working collaboratively and creatively in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail and exemplifies pride and ownership over the quality of our learning experience.
- Ability to foster strong relationships within the team and external stakeholders.
This is a research position in an academic setting. You will assist with:
- Research projects being undertaken at the Lab.
- Recruitment and data collection in the form of online interviews, observations etc.
- Data analysis, primarily using qualitative methods. You will be a part of the research teams and will get trained on methods/analysis as per the project requirement.
- Literature search, summary, presentation and writing.
- Other research related work.
- Managing social media handles of the lab.
- Creation of content and writing of short articles on consumer culture issues in India.
- Operational activities involved in events conducted by the lab (eg. Webinars).
Kindly submit your CV along with a brief one-page document (SOP – Statement of Purpose) describing your short term and long term career goals and how your tenure at the lab fits into the same.
The last date for submission of online application is 30th April 2022.
Email: adishri.guha[at]iimu.ac.in, cclab[at]iimu.ac.in
Click here to view the official notification of Research Assistant (Consumer Culture Lab) at IIM Udaipur.
You may also be interested in: