Applications are invited for Research Assistant- CMHS at IIM Ahmedabad for the year 2022. The last date of application is 11 February.
CMHS is looking to hire a full-time research assistant to work on research projects involving in-depth qualitative research methods, including field work, ethnographic work and in-depth interviews. Research assistants are involved in all stages of the research process and are expected to work independently within the scope of their responsibilities.
Duties include, but are not limited to, collaborating on research design, conducting data analysis, and drafting or editing manuscripts / reports. They should uphold to the highest standards of work ethic and scientific integrity. Past involvement in related roles would be appreciated.
Required Qualifications & Skills: The candidate should hold a PhD / M.A/ M.Phil / MS in Sociology/ Gender Studies/ Development Studies/ Social-Psychology/ Anthropology/ Health Communication or another related field in Health Services or Women’s Studies
- Knowledge of qualitative research methodologies and analysis techniques
- Experience with data collection using either ethnographic methods or in-depth interviews
- Basic knowledge of social determinants of health and gender, women’s health, health care services, policies and programs
- Proficiency in reviewing literature and drafting manuscripts
- Working knowledge of analytical software for qualitative data, such as Atlas.ti or Nvivo, is preferred but not mandatory.
The position will be initially offered for a period of one year and may be extended based on performance at the discretion of the faculty supervisors. Research Assistants will be expected to work a minimum of 40 hours per week and may be required to travel within India.
Candidates meeting the above criteria are advised to APPLY ONLINE ONLY. The application attachment file should contain the following materials (as a single consolidated PDF): 1) a cover letter stating educational and relevant work experience, 2) a detailed CV and 3) The start and end dates during which you would be available to fill this position.
Application deadline: February 11, 2022.
Compensation will be commensurate with qualification and experience.
You may also be interested in: