Applications are invited for Research Assistant- Centre for Digital Transformation at IIM Ahmedabad for the year 2022. The last date of application is 12 June.
Applications are invited for research assistant/s, preferably with a postgraduate (master’s) degree in the Information Systems, Management, Data Science, Computer Science & Engineering or related fields in the Centre for Digital Transformation at IIM Ahmedabad. Applicants with a Ph.D. will also be considered.
The position involves working on different research projects focused on the key issues related to digital transformation. The candidate will work with predefined projects with faculty supervisor/s.
Responsibilities of the research assistant may include one or more of the following: data extraction or web scraping to create datasets, data science programming in Python, running large panel data models, creating impactful data visualizations, amongst other such activities involved in academic research publications.
Applicants should be well-versed with the key ideas underlying digital technologies. The position requires the applicant to have a research acumen as an essential qualification and people who are keen to pursue a Ph.D., later on, are highly encouraged to apply.
- Candidates with a degree in management/ information systems/engineering/computer science/ mathematics or social and economic related disciplines are preferred.
- Candidates with expertise and focus on running simulations, in the organizational domain will be preferred.
- Candidates should be proficient in Python. They should be comfortable with creating large datasets, analyzing, and visualizing them. Candidates having experience in natural language processing and text analytics will be given preference.
- Candidates should be well versed with secondary data analysis. Candidates proficient in running econometrics/statistics models are preferred. Prior experience working with panel datasets and knowledge of Stata is desirable.
- Candidates who understand the scientific process, including being comfortable doing a literature review by reading and summarizing research papers will be given preference.
The appointment is initially for 6 months with a potential for extension based on performance.
To apply, please send an email including CV and cover letter to cdtsecretary[at]iima.ac.in with the subject: “RA: Centre for Digital Transformation” (Applications without the proper subject may not be considered).
Last date to apply: 12-Jun-22.
Click here to view the official notification of Research Assistant- Centre for Digital Transformation at IIM Ahmedabad.
You may also be interested in: