Applications are invited for Ramalingaswami Re-entry Fellowship 2021-22 by DBT, Govt of India. The last date of application is 30 January.
Applications are invited from Indian Nationals working in overseas research institutions for the “Ramalingaswami Re-entry Fellowship (DBT-RLS)”, prestigious Re-Entry Scheme of the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India.
Initiated in the year 2006-2007, DBT-RLS programme has been instrumental in creating a pool of highly skilled and trained researchers working on cutting edge technologies in Indian universities and institutions as well as building a critical mass of science leaders aimed at competence building in biotechnology.
Aim of the Fellowship
The scheme has been conceptualized with the aim of attracting highly skilled researchers (Indian Nationals) working overseas in various cutting-edge disciplines of Life-Sciences /Biotechnology/ Bio-Engineering/ Healthcare/ Agriculture/Veterinary Sciences and all other allied areas by providing them an attractive avenue to pursue their R&D interests in Indian universities/ institutions.
- Scientists working in any area of life sciences & biotechnology, bio-engineering, health care (human and animal), agriculture and veterinary biotechnology, bioenergy and allied areas will be eligible to apply
- Applicants should possess a Ph.D/MD degree or equivalent in life sciences/ agriculture, bioinformatics or M.Tech in engineering or technology/ medicine etc. with at least three years of post-doctoral research experience in overseas research laboratories.
- Applicants who have already returned to India within one year of the closing date of the advertisement are also eligible to apply; however, if they have secured a permanent position in India within this period then they are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants should have a proven/outstanding track record as evident from research publications and recognitions.
- In case a fellow is offered permanent position, he/she can only avail either fellowship or salary at a given time.
- The upper age limit for applying is 45 years.
- Start Date of Online Application: 20th December 2021
- End Date of Online Application: 30th January 2022
- Submission of Hard Copy of Application: 10th February 2022
Application for Ramalingaswami Re-entry Fellowship Programme 2021 – 2022 shall be by ONLINE mode only.
The fellow can draw fellowship for a term of five years. Fellowship is further extendable for another two years on a fresh appraisal. Those who are able to secure permanent positions will not be considered for 2nd term.
- This is a senior fellowship programme and awardees are to be considered equivalent to Assistant Professor/ Scientist-D level position. Fellows are entitled to take up teaching/research assignments & supervising Ph.D/MS students.
- The scheme provides a consolidated monthly remuneration of Rs. 1,00,000/- p.m.
- In addition, House Rent Allowance of Rs. 18,500/- p.m. (consolidated) is given to fellows. In case host institute provides accommodation to the fellow, no House Rent Allowance is admissible. The fellowship is taxable as per Govt. of India rules.
- Fellows will receive Research/contingency grant of Rs.10.00 lakh/year for purchase of consumables, minor equipment, domestic travel, engaging manpower and other contingent expenditure to be incurred for the implementation of research proposal which is part of fellowship, and Institutional overhead @ Rs. 50,000/- per year.
Call: 0129 – 28448773/ 28448539.
You may also be interested in: