Submissions are invited for The Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition for the year 2022. The last date of submission is 30 June 2022.
About Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition
The Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition is the world’s oldest international writing competition for schools, established in 1883. With thousands of young people taking part every year, it is an important way to recognise achievement, elevate youth voices and develop key skills through creative writing.
BORN BETWEEN 1 JULY 2003 AND 30 JUNE 2008 (14-18 YEARS OF AGE)
- Imagine you are a Head of Government delivering a speech to your counterparts at the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) in Rwanda. Write a speech that highlights what you believe should be a priority for collective action within the Commonwealth.
- Committed to the Commonwealth.
- Her Majesty The Queen was born in the twentieth century, a period that saw enormous social change driven by visionary and committed leaders. Reflect on an inspirational leader from this period.
- “Whilst experiences of the last year have been different across the Commonwealth, stirring examples of courage, commitment and selfless dedication to duty have been demonstrated in every Commonwealth nation and territory, notably by those working on the frontline who have been delivering healthcare and other public services in their communities.” – Her Majesty The Queen, Commonwealth Day Message 2021. Imagine you are working on the frontline. Write about your experience, explaining why you serve your community and why your service matters.
BORN ON OR AFTER 1 JULY 2008 (UNDER 14 YEARS OF AGE)
- Imagine you are a grandparent in 2022. Tell your grandchildren a bedtime story about an inspirational person.
- What are the best ways for young people to serve the Commonwealth in your view?
- Our Commonwealth community.
- Write a job description for a superhero needed to solve a problem in your community.
- The top two winners from each category will be awarded with a trip to London for a week of educational and cultural events, culminating in a special Awards Ceremony at a royal palace.
- All successful entries will receive a Certificate of Participation and a number of entrants will receive Gold, Silver and Bronze Awards for excellence in writing.
How to Submit?
Interested applicants can submit for the competition through this link.
June 30, 2022