Nominations are open and invited from eligible candidates for the Queen Elizabeth Prize for Engineering (QEPrize) 2023.
The QEPrize seeks nominations from the public that celebrate a wide variety of engineering innovations across all sectors of the profession, and breadth of nominators from all corners of the globe.
Entry to the prize is open to any living individual (or up to five individuals) of any nationality who are personally responsible for groundbreaking innovation in engineering which has been of benefit to humanity.
- The closing date to submit your nomination(s) is
- The deadline for referees to submit supporting statements is
- The winner(s) of the QEPrize will be announced in and further details will be released closer to the time
The £500,000 prize is the world’s most prestigious engineering accolade, awarded to up to five engineers responsible for a bold, groundbreaking engineering innovation of global benefit to humanity.
The judges will use these criteria to select the winner, or winners, of the Queen Elizabeth Prize for Engineering:
- What is it that this person has done (or up to five people have done) that is a ground-breaking innovation in engineering?
- In what way has this innovation been of global benefit to humanity?
- Is there anyone else who might claim to have had a pivotal role in this development?
Please read the Prize Rules & Conditions before starting your nomination.
- Nominations will be managed online.
- Nominees will receive an email informing them of the nomination.
- Referees will be invited to support the nomination, entering their references on the website.
- Completed, eligible nominations will go forward to the judges.
- Does the innovation have global impact?
- Can you identify up to 5 engineers responsible?
- Do you have enough information to write a case for nomination?
- Are you able to identify at least 2 people who are familiar enough with the innovation to act as referees?
How to Submit?
Interested applicants can submit their nominations through this link.
July 15, 2022