Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the Public Information Internship at United Nations, New Delhi.
About United Nations
The United Nations is an intergovernmental organization aiming to maintain international peace and security, develop friendly relations among nations, achieve international cooperation, and be a centre for harmonizing the actions of nations. It is the world’s largest and most familiar international organization.
About the Internship
This internship is located in the United Nations Information Centre in New Delhi, India. The internship is initially for a period of three months with a possibility of extension up to six months.
The internship is UNPAID. UN interns work full-time, five days per week (35 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the department or office to which they are assigned.
- Support the UNIC team in generating content for the website and social media platforms.
- Conduct research and background work for events and campaigns
- Provide organizing and logistical support for events.
- Assist the UNIC/UNRC joint communication team with events and campaigns.
- Other daily responsibilities based on the needs and the individual’s background.Competencies
– Clear and effective verbal and written communication of policy issues;
– Listens to others, correctly interprets messages and responds appropriately;
– Asks questions for clarification and exhibits interest in having two-way communication;
– Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
– Ability to design communications materials and promote on-line, especially for websites and social media.
– Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals;
– Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise;
– Willing to learn from others; places office agenda before personal agenda
– Knowledge in environmental and sustainability issues and communications especially in web site management and social media;
– Ability to plan, prioritize and deliver tasks effectively and on time.
Applicants must at the time of application meet each of the following requirements:
- He/she should have completed graduation, or be in the final year of first level degree;
- Be computer literate in standard software application;
- Have demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter; and
- Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
No working experience is required to apply for the United Nations Internship Programme. Your training, education, advanced course work, or skills should benefit the United Nations during your internship.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this internship, fluency in English is required.
Potential candidates will be contacted by the hiring manager directly for further consideration.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the internship through this link.
Jan 31, 2022