Applications are invited for Project Postdoc Fellow (Civil Engineering) at IIT Kanpur for the year 2022. The last date of application is 13 July.
Applications are invited for one post of Project Postdoc Fellow in a sponsored project “Development of air quality modeling decision support tools for policy-makers”.
- Ph.D. in Civil Engineering/Environmental Sciences/Atmospheric Sciences/Climate Sciences or relevant field.
- Strong background in atmospheric science and air quality research.
- Significant background in handling and processing large data sets.
- Good experience in field experiment environmental sensing.
- Prior fieldwork experience in air quality monitoring and in operating and maintaining air quality monitoring sensors.
Impressive publications record in high impact air quality research journals. Knowledge of any scientific programming language.
Nature of Work
The candidate would be responsible for coordinating and running large city-scale networks for air quality measurements using low-cost sensors. The candidate would be in-charge of the air quality sensors and will be responsible for their regular operation, calibration and maintenance and maintain device uptime. The candidate will also take part in analysis of large datasets evolved during such monitoring.
The appointment for the post is for 1.0 year. Appointment will be initially for one year. Renewal of appointment will be subjected to the performance of the candidate.
Interested candidates may apply via email (to firstname.lastname@example.org) giving full details qualifications and experience with copies of relevant certificates by July 13, 2022.
Consolidated salary: Rs.60,000/65000/70000.
Click here to view the official notification of Project Postdoc Fellow (Civil Engineering) at IIT Kanpur.
You may also be interested in: