UN Women’s India Country Office (ICO), based in New Delhi, India, is currently implementing a project with the objective of identifying strategies and operational approaches to strengthen on-going efforts in the area of GRB.
Insights generated from this project will enable key stakeholders at the national and regional level to accelerate their efforts to ensure that women’s priorities are adequately reflected in national budgeting processes, and to make concrete changes for adequate resource allocation towards women’s priorities.
Taking this forward proposes to provide the requisite technical assistance and operational support on GRB at the National level and to the four state governments of Andhra Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh and Manipur.
The technical assistance will be for strengthening GRB initiatives over the next two years through establishing relevant gender responsive policy tools for the larger impact of having inclusive and gender sensitive projects and schemes of the government at the national and State level.
Leveraging on the institutional capacity, past work and established networks and partnerships, UN Women through this project will create an enabling environment by building capacities of key stakeholders to address gender issues and be instrumental in making the planning and budgeting process in the Government gender responsive.
- Master’s Degree in Social Sciences/Economics/Social Work /Gender Studies/Public Administration/Policy or related fields.
- Minimum 6 years of experience of Analyst and Monitoring expert in domain at the national/state level working with development projects including hands-on experience of design, implementation and monitoring/evaluation of projects preferably on Gender Responsive Governance, Gender Equality and Women Empowerment.
- Experience in the use of ATLAS is an asset.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of project Team Lead and Gender Budget Expert, the Project Associate will work with the Project team to ensure that the project produces the results in the State to the required standards of quality and within the given time and cost specifications. The Project Associate will have the following tasks:
Provide administrative and logistical support to the formulation and management of the Project:
- Provide administrative support in the preparation of project work plans, budgets, and proposals on project implementation arrangements;
- Provide technical guidance to the Project team and executing agencies on routine delivery and reporting of project supported activities and finances;
- Prepare information for the audit of the project and support implementation of audit recommendations;
- Identify sources and gather and compile data and information for the preparation of documents, guidelines, speeches and position papers.
Provide administrative support to the financial management of the Project:
- Create projects in Atlas, prepare budget revisions, revise project awards and status; and determine unutilized funds and the operational and financial close of a project;
- Provide support in monitoring budget preparation and the finances of projects/projects; including the finalization of FACE forms/Financial reporting forms;
- Review financial reports; prepare non-PO vouchers for development project;
- Process payment for consultants;
- Maintain internal expenditures control system;
- Create requisitions in Atlas for development projects; register good receipts in Atlas;
- Assist in the preparation and follow up of cost-recovery bills in Atlas.
Provide administrative support to the Project:
- Undertake all logistical, administrative and financial arrangements for organization for meetings, workshops, events, and missions;
- Make travel arrangements for the Project Team, including travel requisitions and claims;
- Prepare public information materials and briefing packets;
- Assemble briefing materials and prepare power-point and other presentations.
Provide administrative support to Resource Mobilization to the Project:
- Prepare cost-sharing and other agreements; follow up on contributions within the project/donor for timely receipt of fund
- Organize, compile and process information from/for donor/s, Project team, and project team, as inputs to various databases and documents.
Facilitate knowledge building and knowledge sharing to the Project:
- Provide administrative support synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices related to project management and finance;
- Provide administrative support to the organization of training for the office staff and partners on project and operations related issues.
Interested and eligible candidates can apply via this page.
Project Associate at UNDP (UN Women), Delhi.