Applications are invited from interested and eligible candidates for Post Graduate Diploma Course in Integrative Animal Taxonomy- 2021 organized by Zoological Survey of India, Kolkata. The course delivers high-quality academic training and capacity building to develop skills in animal taxonomy and allied fields.
The Zoological Survey of India, founded on 1 July 1916 by the Government of India Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, as premier Indian organization in zoological research and studies to promote the survey, exploration, and research of the fauna in the country.
- Mod. 1: Faunal diversity of India- A profile Acts, Treaties and Conventions in Faunal Conservation (3 weeks)
- Mod. 2: GIS and Remote sensing (3 weeks)
- Mod. 3: Ecological principles and methods (3 weeks)
- Mod. 4: Microscopy and Digital imaging including SEM (2 weeks)
- Mod. 5: Statistical applications in biodiversity studies (3 weeks)
- Mod. 6: Principles and Procedures in Animal Taxonomy including concepts in Zoogeography (14 weeks)
- Mod.7: Molecular Taxonomy (4 weeks)
- Mod.8: Submission of Dissertation including a 1-week session on how to write a research proposal (8 weeks)
Post-graduation (M.Sc) in Zoology, Life sciences or equivalent, with minimum 55% marks.
Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of their qualification and SOP (Statement of Purpose). Mere possession of qualification may not entertain a candidate to be called for interview or selection. Although the number of seats has been stated, the Director, ZSI reserves the right to selection of any number of candidates. At the time of the verification of original documents (even after selection), if it is found that an attempt has been made by the applicant to willfully conceal, misrepresent or canvass the facts, such applicant will not be considered for selection and due action will be implemented.
How to Apply?
- To download the application form, click here.
- Candidates should submit their duly filled-in applications, with attested true copies of testimonials of educational qualifications, proof for date of birth, etc., along with copies of mark sheets of all examinations to The Director, Zoological Survey of India, M-Block, New Alipore, Kolkata-700053 by Speed Post/ Registered Post, superscribed on the top of the envelope “Application for P.G. Diploma in Integrated Animal Taxonomy” on or before 30-11-2020.
- Applications must be accompanied by a fee in the form of an Account Payee Bank Demand Draft (Rs.1000/- for all candidates and Rs. 500/- for SC/ ST/ OBC-Non Creamy Layer (NCL)/ Women/ Physically Challenged candidates, in favor of Pay and Accounts Officer (BSI/ZSI), 234/4, A.J.C. Bose Road, Nizam Palace Complex, Kolkata-20.
- Candidates should satisfy themselves that they fulfill all the eligibility norms including educational qualification(s) as on the date of submission of the application.
For full notification, click the link below.
ZSI, Kolkata PG Diploma in Integrative Animal Taxonomy Admission Notification