Applications are invited for Post-doctoral Research Fellow at IISc Bangalore for the year 2022. The last date of application of 31 January.
Applications are invited for a post-doctoral research fellow’s position to work on a project entitled “Digital Twin for pipeline transport network”. This is part of an Indo-Dutch project, where IISc (India), CWI (Netherlands), and Shell (Netherlands) collaborate.
As part of the project, we setup a digital twin for a pipeline network using a network of IoT sensors, the data collected from the sensors would be used to train an intelligent data-driven model to predict, in advance or real-time, the occurrence and location of leaks in the pipeline network.
- PhD in Engineering or Physics with the PhD topic having significant computational components.
- Understanding linear flow models in the pipeline network, such as ones used in EPANET, is a plus.
- Good expertise in numerical programming, code parallelization
- Strong publication record.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
The candidate needs to integrate the sensors’ data into advanced analytical models (machine learning) to predict the leakages.
- As a data-driven model mimics a physical process, affinity towards modelling of flow in pipeline network would be a plus.
- The applicant needs to be strong in programming, preferably Python, R, or C++
- Work would also involve interacting with the vendor’s tech team to maintain sensors on a physical pipeline network.
- To carry out a study to improve our understanding of leak predictions in pipelines and develop physics-based models.
Those interested are encouraged to submit their bio-data and a cover letter by email to parthar[at]iisc.ac.in with the subject “Application for the Postdoc Position for the DPTrans project”.
The last date of receipt of the application is 31-01-2022.
The remuneration for the position is 47,000 + HRA.
Dr. Shashi Jain
Prof Parthasarathy Ramachandran
You may also be interested in: