Applications are invited for Post-Doctoral Fellow (Physics/Chemical Engg) at IIT Gandhinagar for the year 2022. The last date of application is 15 February.
Statistical Physics, Computational Soft Condensed Matter, Confined Fluids, Molecular Dynamicssimulations in Ads.
Confined fluids are interesting due to the inherent presence of surfaces and interfaces. They have practical applications in nanofluidics and micromechanical devices. Of particular importance are the fluids, close to second-order phase transitions, which are kept in contact with solid surfaces. Surfaces break translational symmetry.
As a result, the physical properties of fluids confined in channels of a few nanometers in diameter can differ significantly from their behavior in the bulk. In this project, using large-scale molecular dynamics simulations we aim to study the static and dynamical properties of a confined binary liquid mixture close to its demixing critical point.
Particular focus will be given to the non equilibrium dynamical properties. We will also investigate the universal nature of the dynamics of such fluids.
- The candidate should hold a PhD degree in Physics or Chemical Engineering, preferably not longer than two years back.
- Candidates who have submitted the thesis or are about to submit may also apply.
- Strong academic background with good marks in B.Sc, M.Sc, publications in reputed internal journals from PhD.
- Prior experience of research work in the field of classical Statistical Physics, Soft Condensed Matter.
- Prior experience of computer simulations using Monte Carlo and molecular dynamics methods must.
The candidate is expected to conduct research at IIT-Gandhinagar on the above-mentioned project and help the host with various teaching-related activities and various departmental activities.
50,000 /- per month + HRA (10,000 /-)
- A detailed CV indicating date of birth, academic qualifications starting from class 10 onwards (marks, class, CGPA, rank, institute, year of passing), fellowships and awards, research topics during PhD, publications, invited talks and poster presentations, contributed talks and poster presentations, computational toold used so far, and any other details the candidate would like to furnish.
- One cover letter explaining why the candidate is suitable for the advertised position.
- A short research statement (not more than 2 pages).
- 2 letters of recommendations. Letters should be sent directly to the email id: roy[at]iitgn.ac.in
- A scanned copy of Ph.D certificate (a formal confirmation of PhD degree or thesis expected to be submitted). The selected candidate must provide originals of all degree certificates for verification. Failure to do that will cancel the position.
Kindly send all documents as a single pdf file to the email id: roy[at]iitgn.ac.in
Last date of application: Position will be open until filled. However, applications received till February 15, 2022 will be given priority.
Click here to view the official notification of Post-Doctoral Fellow (Physics/Chemical Engg) at IIT Gandhinagar.
You may also be interested in: