Applications are invited from eligible candidates for admission to full-time/ part-time PhD. Programme of the BIT Mesra for the Session Monsoon 2020.
Candidates with following qualification shall be eligible for admission to the Ph.D. Program of the Institute:
- Candidates possessing M.Tech. / M.E. / M.Sc. (Engg.) / M.Arch. / M.Pharm./ M.Plan./ M.Sc./ MCA/ MBA or equivalent Degree in relevant branch from a recognized University/Institute with minimum 60% marks or 6.0 CGPA on a ten point scale in the qualifying examination are eligible to apply for admission in the relevant departments.
- Candidates possessing B.Tech./B.E./B.Sc.(Engg.)/B.Pharm/B.Arch./B.Plan. or equivalent Degree in relevant branch from a recognized University/Institute with a minimum of 80% marks or 8.0 CGPA on a ten point scale in the qualifying examination and a valid GATE/GPAT score with a minimum of 80 percentile are eligible to apply for admission in the departments as per their Specialization.
- Sponsored candidates must have minimum of two years of professional work experience, besides fulfilling the above criteria. In addition, such candidates should have valid sponsorship at least for three years.
A limited number of Institute Research Fellowship (IRF) with a fellowship amount of Rs. 25,000/- per month for the first two years and Rs. 28,000/- per month for the next two years is available depending on the performance. The minimum marks required for IRF may vary across the departments and department wise minimum marks shall be decided by an appropriate committee.
These IRFs shall be distributed based on the performance in the admission test, academic career and interview. Ph.D. admission test is mandatory for candidate aspiring for the IRF.
- Filling of online form commences from 22nd September 2020
- Last date for Applying Online 26th October 2020
- Display list of candidates to be called for Online Entrance Test: 29th October 2020
- DATE OF ONLINE ENTRANCE TEST: 3rd November 2020 (TUESDAY)
- Interview of the selected candidates 4th November 2020 From 10 am to 1 pm and 2 pm to 5 pm
- Declaration of 1 st Provisional Selection List on the Institute website / Notice Boards By 6:00 pm on 6th November 2020
- Admission from 9th November 2020 onward
- To fill online application form, click on the link “APPLY ONLINE” to register for the program and create password for the application process. Do not share the password with anybody.
- Eligible candidates must complete and submit the application form online only [link available on the Institute website www.bitmesra.ac.in]. Pay application fee of Rs.2,500/- (General / OBC candidates) and Rs.1,500/- (SC/ST candidates) through ICICI payment Gateway (candidates may use Net banking / Debit card / Credit card of any nationalized bank) till the last date of application process. Fee once remitted shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Ph.D. in Engineering
- Ph.D. in Technology
- Ph.D. in Science
- Ph.D. in Architecture
- Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Sciences & Technology
- Ph.D. in Management
Selection in the Ph.D. programme shall be based on the performance in a Written Test, Previous academic record and an Interview. Only such candidates, who obtain the minimum required marks in Aptitude Test, Subject-Specific Test and the indicated total percentage of marks, will be considered for final preparation of result.
The Ph.D. Entrance Test shall be conducted on 16th December 2019 from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm at the Institute Main Building in the Institute’s Campus at Mesra, Ranchi- 835215.
The Ph.D. Entrance Test will consist of 2 parts: a) General Aptitude Test common to all applicants: From 9:00 am to 10:30 am b) Subject Specific Tests to examine basic fundamental knowledge in the subject: From 11:00 am to 1:00 pm
Those with UGC-CSIR/DBT/BINC/ICMR-JRF /DST INSPIRE and all other similar all India fellowships based on a written test may be exempted from the Entrance Test but will be required to appear in the interview. Note: Candidates will not be entitled to get any kind of financial assistance from the Institute.
The interview process of the selected candidates will be conducted on 16th December 2019 from 3:00 pm onwards in the concerned Departments
Dean, Admissions & Academic Coordination, Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi – 835 215
Phone: 0651-2275868, 9508050840
E-mail: admissions[at]bitmesra.ac.in, dean.aac[at]bitmesra.ac.in.
PhD Admissions Monsoon 2020 at BIT Mesra.