The Institute of Nano Science and Technology (INST) invites applications from prospective candidates for admission into its Ph.D. Program in several areas of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology for the session beginning in January 2021. Selected Ph.D. students will be provided fellowship as per INST and Govt. of India norms.
The Institute of Nano Science and Technology (INST) is an autonomous research institution of the Department of Science and Technology (India), under the Society Registration Act, 1960, under the umbrella of the national mission on Nano Science and Technology (NANO MISSION)”, which aims to promote growth and outreach of nanoscience and technology for the benefit of the country. INST has been set up to undertake research and generate products/devices and technology in the area of Nanoscience and Technology.
- M.Sc. in (Physics/ Chemistry/ Material Sciences/ Life Sciences)/ M.Pharm./ M.Tech. in Basic, Applied Sciences or Engineering and related areas).
- Interested candidates with a good academic track record and a strong intent to pursue a Ph.D. in one of the broad areas under Nanoscience and Technology, such as Quantum Materials & Devices, Energy & Environment, Chemical Biology, Computational Nanoscience, etc.
- Students with an independent source of fellowship, such as CSIR-NET (JRF), UGC-NET (JRF), etc are encouraged to apply.
- Qualifying Examinations: GATE/ CSIR or UGC-NET/ JEST/ JGEEBILS (TIFR/ NCBS)/ ICMR-JRF/ DBT-JRF/ DST-INSPIRE/ GPAT/ ICAR.
- Students registered with IISER Mohali for their BS-MS program can apply as per IISER Mohali’s norm.
How to Apply?
An application fee of Rs. 590/- for General/OBC or Rs. 295/- for SC/ ST/ PH is required to process the application. Interested candidates can download the application form by clicking here. The duly filled Application form together with the images or scanned copies of all the testimonials consolidated into a single PDF file should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org as an advanced copy of the application.
The hard copy of the application with the following documents should be sent to “The Director, Institute of Nano Science and Technology, Habitat Centre, Phase – 10, Sector – 64, Mohali, Punjab-160062” so as to reach on or before the due date:
- Photograph duly pasted on the application form.
- Application fees.
- Self-Attested photocopies of Certificates/Testimonials in support of age, educational qualifications (Mark Sheet, Degrees & Certificates of class X and above).
- Experience certificate in case of the working candidate.
- Self-attested photocopy of a valid certificate for candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ OBC/ PH category.
The envelope containing the application form should superscribe “Application for the Ph.D. Program – January 2021”. The list of the shortlisted candidates will be uploaded to the Institute (INST) website. The shortlisted candidates will be called for Interviews via the email address provided by the candidate.
Applications from interested students should reach INST through Registered/ Speed Post/ Courier/ By Hand, by 10th November 2020. Applications received after this date shall not be entertained in any case.
Email ID: email@example.com
For full notification, click the link below.
INST, Mohali Ph.D. Admissions 2021 Notification
You might also be interested in Ph.D. Admissions 2021 at MANIT, Bhopal: Apply by Oct 29.
Ph.D. Admissions 2021 at IISER, Tirupati: Apply by Oct 20.
Ph.D. Admissions Spring Semester 2020-21 at IIT Bombay: Apply by Oct 15.
Ph.D. Admissions 2021 (via GATE/CAT/GMAT/GRE/UGC-JRF) at IIM Ahmedabad: Apply by Jan 21.
Ph.D. Admissions 2021 at IISER Mohali: Apply by Oct 21.