About Panjab University, Chandigarh
One of the oldest Universities in India, the Panjab University (PU) initiated at Lahore in 1882, has a long tradition of pursuing excellence in teaching and research in science and technology, humanities, social sciences, performing arts and sports.
The glorious traditions of the University established during more than 133 years of its long service to the nation since its inception are a source of inspiration for the present generation of faculty members and students. Panjab University has been accredited with a CGPA of 3.35 on a four-point scale at A Grade valid for 5 years from 25/06/2015.
It ranked 1st among Universities of India and 38th in Asia, Times Higher Education Asian University rankings 2015. It ranked number one University in India and the bracket 276300 internationally in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings, 2014-2015 powered by Thomson Reuters. It ranked 39th by the Times Higher Education among BRICS & Emerging Economies.
About the University Institute of Legal Studies
University Institute of Legal Studies (UILS) was established as the constituent department of Panjab University, in the academic session 2004-05. During a short period, it has emerged as one of the premier legal Institutes with a unique blend of tradition and modernity. Students are trained in the essence of the substantive laws, techniques of procedural laws, methods of client counselling and skills in legal and social sciences research, etc. The Moot Court Competitions, Client Counselling Sessions, Quiz Contests, Seminars, Group Discussions and Extension Lectures, etc. are a regular feature of the academic calendar of the Institute. The Institute’s Legal Aid Clinic, which provides free legal services to the economically weaker sections of the society as a part of the community outreach programme of the Institute, also offers opportunities to the students to work in co-ordination with practicing lawyers.
About the Seminar
University Institute of Legal Studies is organizing a one-day National Online Seminar on “Elimination of Violence against Women: Issues and Solutions” for students to sensitize young minds about the need for the elimination of violence against women, to deliberate on issues related to it, and find solutions that women are not subjected to abuse and violence in any form.
The seminar is scheduled on December 13,2020 under the supervision of Prof. (Dr.) Raj Kumar, Chief Patron, Hon’ble Vice Chancellor, Panjab University, Chandigarh; Dr. Rajinder Kaur, Director, University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh and Dr. Pushpinder Kaur, Faculty Coordinator, Associate Professor (Law), University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh.
Call for Papers
Research Papers are invited from students of undergraduate, postgraduate courses and research scholars on the issues related to the main theme and the sub-themes mentioned below:
- Perspectives of Violence against Women (Historical, Sociological, Political, Economic, Legal, etc.)
- Violence Against Women and Human Rights Issue and Challenges
- Sexual Violence and Harassment, Women Trafficking, Forced Prostitution
- Familial Violence (Domestic Violence, Cruelty and Harassment Related to Dowry, Dowry Death)
- Harassment and Violence at the Workplace
- Wars/Conflicts: Women Target of Violence
- Intimate partner violence (battery, psychological abuse, rape, marital rape)
- Global Scenario of Violence Against Women and International Efforts to Eliminate Violence Against Women
- Female feticide, infanticide, Acid Attacks and Cyber Crimes
- Prevention/Elimination of Violence against Women and Law
- Any other related topic or issue
Authors of the selected papers will be given an opportunity to present their papers during the seminar scheduled on 13th December 2020.
Authors are requested to adhere to the following guidelines to facilitate the –
- Abstract Submission:
- Name of the Author
- Designation and Institutional Affiliation
- Contact Address and Email ID
- Title of the Research Paper
- Full-Length Paper Submission:
- The paper should be original, clear & relevant to the theme of the seminar.
- Font: Times New Roman, 12pt, 1.5 spacing
- Footnote: Times New Roman, 10pt, 1.0 spacing
- Alignment: Justified
- Sheet: A4 Size with 1″ Margin on all sides
- Citation: ILI pattern of footnoting (APA in case of Social Sciences)
- Length Max: 2000 words (Exclusive of footnotes)
Authors are required to send their full papers to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5th December 2020.
How to Register?
Interested participants can register for the seminar through this link.
- E-Certificates shall be provided to the candidates who presented paper in their mentioned emails.
- No registration fee for paper presentation.
- No paper shall be deemed to be read.
- Co-authorship is not allowed.
- There are two prizes – 1st of Rs. 1000/-, 2nd of Rs. 500/-.
- The meeting link will be conveyed later to the participants.
- The link to the meeting shall be provided to the registered candidates.
- Abstract Submission: 25th November 2020
- Registration through Google form: 25th November to 5th December 2020
- Full Paper Submission: 5th December. 2020
- Seminar Date: 13th December 2020
- Sachin (9466966692)
- Harpreet Kaur (6239766992)
- Monalisa (9418297629)
For more details, click the link below.