Applications are invited from M.Phil/PhD/PDF Research Scholars for On-line ICSSR Sponsored Ten Days Research Methodology Course in Social Sciences on November 17-26, 2020. Organized by Department of Management & Placement and Counselling Cell North-Eastern Hill University, Tura Campus.
The North-Eastern Hill University Act (24 of 1973) received the assent of the President of India on May 26th, 1973. The University has it’s headquarter at Shillong and a Campus at Tura. The objectives of the University are “to disseminate and advance knowledge by providing instructional and research facilities in such branches of learning as it may deem fit; to pay special attention to the improvement of the social and economic conditions and welfare of the people of the hill areas of the North-Eastern region, and in particular, the intellectual, academic and cultural advancement”. At present there are fifty-three undergraduate colleges affiliated to the University including eight professional colleges.
Objectives of the programme
- The key objectives of the course are:
- To enable the participants, comprehend the importance and process of research.
- To provide inputs about developing theoretical and methodological framework of research, conceptualization and framing of research questions.
- To enhance the analytical skills for research and apply right tools and techniques while conducting research.
- To enable the participants, understand the mechanics of writing a research paper.
- Research fundamentals.
- Identifying and defining research problem.
- Literature review.
- Formulating an appropriate research design.
- Formulation of objectives and hypotheses.
- Approaches of data collection.
- Data editing, coding and processing.
- Data analysis using Statistical software.
- Hypothesis testing.
- Interpretation of findings.
- Report/ Thesis writing.
- Writing Research papers, etc.
The course is for research scholars pursuing their M.Phil/PhD/PDF in social sciences in recognized Universities and research institutions. The broad disciplines within the domain of social sciences include Sociology, Social Anthropology, Social Work and Criminology; Political Science/Public Administration; Economics; International Relations; Social Geography and Population Studies; Commerce and Management; Social Psychology; Education; Social Linguistics and Cultural Studies; Law and International Law; National Security & Strategic Studies; Any other allied subjects in social sciences.
- Last date of Registration: October 30, 2020.
- Intimation to selected candidates: November 10, 2020.
- Interested candidates can register online via this page.
- There is no registration fee for the selected participants.
Dr Abhigyan Bhattacharjee, Associate Professor & Placement In-Charge (Course Director),
Phone No: 8415098100; 9435017519 (Whatsapp)
Email: abhigyan.ghy[at]gmail.com; abhigyanbhattacharjee[at]nehu.ac.in
Online Research Methodology Course in Social Sciences by NEHU, Meghalaya.