The International Centre for Theoretical Sciences (ICTS), Bangalore is organizing an Statistical Biological Physics: From SIngle Moleecule to Cell from December 7 to 18, 2020.
The International Centre for Theoretical Sciences (ICTS), a centre of the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, is a research institute based in Bengaluru, India. Founded in 2007, ICTS has grown from a fledgling institution to a global centre of activity in various areas of science. Prof. Spenta R. Wadia was the founding director of the institute and served till 2015, after which he was succeeded by Rajesh Gopakumar as the Director.
- The ICTS program ‘Statistical Biological Physics: From Single Molecule to Cell’ intends to bring statistical physicists, molecular cell biologists, system biologists, physical chemists and mathematical biologists, to an interdisciplinary meeting focussing on the common theme of ‘fluctuations-and-noise’ in stochastic biological processes.
- The common conceptual themes and theoretical techniques (both mathematical and computational) and their applications to subcellular and cellular phenomena will be presented by leading theorists.
- The successes and limitations of the new powerful experimental techniques developed over the last few years for probing these phenomena and the current technical challenges, will be discussed by renowned experimentalists.
- This program will provide a platform for theorists and experimentalists to exchange ideas, thereby enriching science across disciplinary boundaries.
- Participation of emerging scientists (mostly senior Ph.D. students and postdocs) will benefit from the program as it will deepen their knowledge and insights, both in terms of methods and applications, at the interface of statistical physics and biology.
Research scholars already registered for Ph.D. at recognized Universities, IITs, IISERs, NISER, research institutes are eligible to apply provided the applicant’s area of research is covered by the main topics of this program. A final year student of 2-year M.Sc. program or 5-year Integrated M.Sc. program or M.S. is also eligible to apply if the applicant is carrying out any project work on a topic related to this program under the guidance of a faculty member of a recognized university, IISc, IIT, IISER, NISER or an equivalent institution.
Exceptions can be made for undergraduate candidates with proven record of academic excellence. Applicants are expected to provide a brief write up of their research project in the statement of purpose and how attending this workshop is going to help them. Shortlisting will be done on the basis of their academic record and statement of purpose. Merely satisfying the eligibility criteria does not automatically guarantee selection because the number of participants who can be accommodated is very limited.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply for the program by clicking here. The last date to apply is October 31, 2020.
Student and postdoc applicants are required to arrange a letter of recommendation by the referee mentioned by them in the application form. The referee will receive an email with a link to upload the recommendation letter. Your application will not be considered if they do not receive this letter before deadline.
Email ID: email@example.com
For full notification, click the link below.
Online Program on Statistical Biological Physics by ICTS, Bangalore
You might also be interested in Webinar on Electrochemistry – Fundamentals and its Applications in Engineering at NIT Rourkela [Oct 14]: Registration Open.
Online Course/ FDP 5G Protocol Stack Design & Implementation by IIT Patna [Nov 2-6]: Registrations Open.
Online Program on Statistical Biological Physics by ICTS, Bangalore.