About the FDP
This five-day Faculty Development Programme on “Machine learning algorithms and applications” is targeted to provide an introductory overview of the theoretical aspects and scientific applications of the machine and deep learning concepts in the contemporary world.
The topic “machine learning” has captured the attention of many scientists and engineers across the globe working in various disciplines due to its inherent applications and power in making the analysis and diagnosis pretty simple and accurate. The machine learning algorithms ensure minimal manual intervention to the systems thereby reducing manual errors and improving accuracy.
Many well-known systems are powered by machine learning algorithms. Machine learning becomes inevitable when dealing with big data from various applications. As the amount of data increases, the manual analysis becomes impossible and highly inaccurate. Many systems require precision in the analysis so as to make appropriate decisions at required circumstances.
About IIIT Kottayam
Indian Institute of Information Technology, Kottayam at Valavoor, Pala, Kerala is one among the IIITs that have been established as “Institutions of National Importance” by MHRD Govt. of India under the ambit of IIIT (PPP) Act 2017. IIIT Kottayam campus is situated at Valavoor, Pala, Kottayam – a picturous location, spread over in 53 acres of land- allotted by Govt. of Kerala in the southern part of the state commonly referred to as God’s Own Country.
The objectives of the course are:
- To provide extensive exposure to various machine learning algorithms and their applications in various fields of science and Engineering.
- To provide a theoretical introduction to Machine Learning Architecture.
- To enhance the research collaboration among various participants from different institutes and provide a platform for sharing their knowledge to improve the collaboration in future research endeavours.
- To facilitate joint research initiatives between the resource persons and participants.
- Faculty members from Institutes/ colleges/ university departments who are teaching UG/PG science and engineering and a few research scholars. If the number of applicants exceeds the maximum number, then selection will be based on the specialization and research interest of the applicants.
- Maximum number: 150
The participants will not be charged any fee to attend the FDP programme. However, the selected candidates should register by filling and sending the scan copy of registration form in the format given in the last page of this brochure. The handouts and FDP materials will be distributed/circulated among the participants.
Dr. Bini A. A.
Email: bini[at]iiitkottayam.ac.in, biniaa[at]gmail.com
Online FDP on Machine Learning Algorithms & Applications by IIIT Kottayam.