Registrations are invited for a 10-Hours Online Course on Managing Emotions in Times of Uncertainty & Stress by Yale University.
Developed by the Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence, Managing Emotions in Times of Uncertainty & Stress will provide participants with the knowledge, skills, and strategies to understand and manage their emotions and those of their students. The 10-hour online course is designed for school staff, including teachers, paraprofessionals, counselors, principals, and non-teaching staff in preK-12 schools.
What you will learn?
- Educate school staff in the science and impact of stress
- Provide school staff with the opportunity to build and apply social and emotional skills and strategies
- Offer strategies for helping students to identify and manage their emotions
- Provide resources and ideas that are relevant during this time of heightened stress and uncertainty
- Introduction to SEL and Why Emotions Matter
- Identifying Our Emotions
- Managing Our Own Emotions with Action Strategies
- Managing Emotions by Shifting How We Think
- Becoming a Culturally Responsive Emotion Scientist
- Identifying Others’ Emotions
- Helping Others Manage Emotions
- Making a Commitment to Lasting Change