About the Course
This five-day cloud-based hands-on training programme will target and cover structure-based drug designing and Biologics design. Participants will get practical experience and in-person guidance in using the Maestro GUI, covering the organic molecule sketching, protein selection, preparation, and screening for hit identification of molecules against therapeutic targets.
The workshop will also include a brief recap of background theory for Molecular mechanics, Molecular Docking, and Molecular Dynamics via case studies on real-time industrial projects.
- Molecular Modeling
- Computer-Aided Drug Designing
- Structure-based drug design, addressing receptor-flexibility
- Virtual screening
- Lead optimization methods like Combinatorial drug design, Quantum mechanics and Molecular dynamics
- Protein Modeling and optimization
- Pharmacophore modeling
- Biologics design
Specifically, this short-term training programme aims to:
- Provide/upgrade specific skills required in the field of in silico drug design.
- Facilitate hands on training on Molecular Modeling, Docking etc.
- Develop the interest of participants in the area of computer-Aided Drug design.
- Able to design critical problem effectively towards the improvement in therapy and development of novel drug.
- Enhance the knowledge and performance in applied drug research.
- Interested candidates can register online via this page.
- UG Students: Rs 300/-
PG/PhD Students: Rs 500/-
Faculty and industry experts: Rs 800/-
- Application in the prescribed format with registration fee in the form of DD/NEFT/RTGS drawn in favour of “Director, NIT Raipur” must reach the coordinator on or before 13th December, 2020. Candidates have to send scanned copy of the registration form along with scanned of DD/NEFT/RTGS transaction.
Dr. Pratima Gupta
Dr. Awanish Kumar
About NIT Raipur
National Institute of Technology Raipur situated in the capital of Chhattisgarh, has proven to be “avant-grade’ in the field of science and technology over past few decades in this region. With sweet memory of foundation ceremony by our president Hon’ble Dr. Rajendra Prasad on 14 thSeptember 1956.
The institute started with two departments namely Metallurgical and Mining Engineering. Later the inauguration of the Institute building was done by our Prime Minister Hon’ble Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru on 14th March 1963.
Online Course on Computational Structure-based Drug Design, Biologics Design & Molecular Dynamics by NIT Raipur.