The Indian Institute of Remote Sensing Applications (IIRS) and Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) are together organizing an Online Course on Basics of Remote Sensing, Geographical Information System and Global Navigation Satellite System from November 2 to 20, 2020.
Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS) under Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), Department of Space, Govt. of India is a premier Training and Educational Institute set up for developing trained professionals in the field of Remote Sensing, Geoinformatics and GNSS Technology for Natural Resources, Environmental, and Disaster Management.
Formerly known as the Indian Photo interpretation Institute (IPI), founded in 1966, the Institute boasts to be the first of its kind in entire South-East Asia.
The use of Remote Sensing, Geographical Information System, Global Navigation Satellite System, and associated geospatial technologies is increasing rapidly, creating an urgent demand for trained manpower. The live and interactive mode of distance learning is enabled through the Internet and Aview software platform developed by Amrita e-learning Lab in collaboration with the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) Government of India.
The programs are available through the Internet without any cost to the user. The live and interactive sessions will be conducted by experts from IISR-ISRO and other knowledge Institutions. IIRS has successfully conducted 63 such courses so far with the participation of over 167000+ participants from 1900+ academic institutions, government departments, and industry.
Who can Attend?
Undergraduate and Postgraduate (any year) and Technical/ Scientific Staff of Central/ State Government/ Faculty/ researchers at university/ institutions are invited to apply.
- There is no course fee.
- The program is sponsored by the Indian Space Research Organization, Department of Space, Government of India.
- To register for the course, click here.
- The Program can be received through the E-CLASS platform of IIRS-ISRO Using internet connectivity.
- No specific hardware /software required. However, it is recommended good internet connectivity at the user end.
- The certificate will be awarded to Working Professionals and Students: Based on 70% attendance and 40% in the online examination.
- The participants are required to submit their feedback online through the IIRS e-Learning portal.
- Feedbacks are critically analyzed and implemented in further courses. Selected participants and participating organizations will be invited to attend the annual IIRS Academia Meet (IAM) at IIRS Dehradun.
Phone Number: 0135-2524354/ 4130/ 4334
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For full notification, click the link below.
Online Course on Basics of Remote Sensing & GIS by ISRO
You might also be interested in Online Course on Remote Sensing of Land Degradation by ISRO [Dec 1-7]: Registrations Open.